8thos Google Authorship

8thos Google Authorship 1.5

No permission to download
Need help!

It's not working for me.. So I followed all the steps and have TMS installed.

I have already verified my email a few days ago.

Then I tried Structured Data Testing Tool and got this error:
2013-09-10_1020.png

I think it's maybe because I don't have thread started by under my username in threads just like the SS example
2013-09-10_1021.png

Do I need to edit a few codes to add that under my username?

That error says you need organization, location or role. I've never seen that error filled out before. Have you filled out all the fields of your Google + Profile?

That error says you need organization, location or role. I've never seen that error filled out before. Have you filled out all the fields of your Google + Profile?

Yes, am sure. Isn't the error because I don't have the "thread by" under my username in the thread that I posted?

I have no idea how to add that. Shouldn't the addon generate that or do I need to code?

If you don't have that template edit showing then it's probably because this template modification isn't working for you. At the time I made this it worked for Xenforo 1.1 with TMS. I don't think it's compatible with the latest version of Xenforo and TMS. Just edit the xml file inside, take the code you see and put it in your message_user_info template if you've already added all the custom user fields. You need that template edit for google to add you to google authorship.

If you don't have that template edit showing then it's probably because this is template modification isn't working for you. At the time I made this it worked for Xenforo 1.1 with TMS. I don't think it's compatible with the latest version of Xenforo and TMS. Just edit the xml file inside, take the code you see and put it in your message_user_info template if you've already added all the custom user fields. You need that template edit for google to add you to google authorship.

Yea, I think so too.. Not sure why it's not working for me though. I have 1.1 and I also used the older version of TMS because the latest one won't work with 1.1.

Ok, cool. Will give it a try. Will be back if I need more help. :)

Thank you!

If you don't have that template edit showing then it's probably because this template modification isn't working for you. At the time I made this it worked for Xenforo 1.1 with TMS. I don't think it's compatible with the latest version of Xenforo and TMS. Just edit the xml file inside, take the code you see and put it in your message_user_info template if you've already added all the custom user fields. You need that template edit for google to add you to google authorship.

Btw, where can I find the xml file and code for template modification?

Btw, where can I find the xml file and code for template modification?
A lot of modifications posted on Xenforo are simple template edits that can be applied without installing the addon itself. Extract the zip file you downloaded, look at the file that starts with the word "addon" and ends with the extension ".xml". Open it up in Wordpad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac).

Look for <search_value><![CDATA[ ....blablah this is where you go to find what you need to replace... ]]></search_value>

Now replace what's inside the search value with...
<replace_value><![CDATA[ ...the code you see in the replace value... ]]></replace_value>

I'm telling you this now because I know I'm not the only one who uploads template modifications as addons. I don't see anything wrong with it because it encourages guests and members to buy a Xenforo License and get validated. You need to know how to extract stuff so that you won't have a whole bunch of addons installed when all you really needed to do was edit your templates.

A lot of modifications posted on Xenforo are simple template edits that can be applied without installing the addon itself. Extract the zip file you downloaded, look at the file that starts with the word "addon" and ends with the extension ".xml". Open it up in Wordpad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac).

Look for <search_value><![CDATA[ ....blablah this is where you go to find what you need to replace... ]]></search_value>

Now replace what's inside the search value with...
<replace_value><![CDATA[ ...the code you see in the replace value... ]]></replace_value>

I'm telling you this now because I know I'm not the only one who uploads template modifications as addons. I don't see anything wrong with it because it encourages guests and members to buy a Xenforo License and get validated. You need to know how to extract stuff so that you won't have a whole bunch of addons installed when all you really needed to do was edit your templates.

Ok, so I found those codes. After replacing where do I paste them? Which part of message_user_info template?

Thanks for the info. I did not know that.

Copy the code you see within the replace value from the xml.

Go to template: message_user_info

Remember what you saw in the search value of the xml.

Now look in message_user_info and replace it.

I don't see the search value in message_user_info

Here's what I have:

<xen:require css="message_user_info.css" />

<div class="messageUserInfo" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Person">
<div class="messageUserBlock">
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
<div class="avatarHolder">
<span class="helper"></span>
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
<!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
</div>
</xen:hook>

<xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_text" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
<h3 class="userText">
<xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
<xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
<!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->
</h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
<div class="extraUserInfo">
<xen:contentcheck>
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_extra" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
<xen:if is="@messageShowRegisterDate">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase member_since}:</dt>
<dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>
</dl>
</xen:if>

<xen:if is="@messageShowMessageCount">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase message_count}:</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" class="concealed">{xen:number $user.message_count}</a></dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTotalLikes">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase likes_received}:</dt>
<dd>{xen:number $user.like_count}</dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTrophyPoints">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase trophy_points}:</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger concealed">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowGender AND {$user.gender}">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase gender}:</dt>
<dd itemprop="gender"><xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'">{xen:phrase male}<xen:else />{xen:phrase female}</xen:if></dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowOccupation AND {$user.occupation}">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase occupation}:</dt>
<dd itemprop="role">{xen:string censor, $user.occupation}</dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowLocation AND {$user.location}">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase location}:</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowHomepage AND {$user.homepage}">
<dl class="pairsInline">
<dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, '-'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd>
</dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
<xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
<xen:if hascontent="true">
<dl class="pairsInline userField_{$fieldId}">
<dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
<dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
</dl>
</xen:foreach>

</xen:contentcheck>
</div>

<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
</div>
</div>

The search value inside the xml file you downloaded.

Yes, I know but you said look in message_user_info and replace it with the code from the xml file.

Sorry for the trouble, I really have no idea what to do. I'm a xenforo noob.

Yes, I know but you said look in message_user_info and replace it with the code from the xml file.

Sorry for the trouble, I really have no idea what to do. I'm a xenforo noob.
The code covered in orange? Search for that in message_user_info

The code covered in green? Replace it with the orange code from message_user_info

searchandreplace.webp

The code covered in orange? Search for that in message_user_info

The code covered in green? Replace it with the orange code from message_user_info

View attachment 56383

Ok, clear. Problem is I don't see the code in orange in message_user_info

I'm so confused what to do now. I really want to link my forum to google plus.

Ok, clear. Problem is I don't see the code in orange in message_user_info

I'm so confused what to do now. I really want to link my forum to google plus.
I see it.
Look for: <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 9.40.40 PM.webp

@DRE I just did. nothing happened except it became red.
2013-09-11_1105.png

along with other templates
2013-09-11_1107.png

Is this a bad thing? I made a backup code of the message_user_info just in case. I pasted it back and saved but still highlighted red.

Top Bottom