1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained 8thos Google Authorship 1.5

Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

8thos submitted a new resource:

8thos Google Authorship (version 1.0) - Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

Read more about this resource...
    Jeffin and Brandon Sheley like this.
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

So this can't be installed without installing another add-on?
  3. ip0dhacker

ip0dhacker Active Member

Great. I like it :)
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's basically the thread author template modification, modified some more. Just open it up and take what you need.

I make all my Template Modification resources as Addons now to encourage installation of the TMS system.

I do it to reduce the chance of noobs jacking up their templates. This way they don't touch them at all.

If you consider yourself an experienced xenforo user, then you should be able to just take what you need from the file.

1. Right-click on XML file.

2. Examine the file (it's really small), copy-n-paste to the right template. That goes for all my TMS Modifications.
  5. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's a mistake. Sorry. I forgot to update the old version before I uploaded it after testing. I'll re-upload.

I'll also upload an optional version for moderators and administrators to use only but I'm going to have to change it from Contact Details to Personal Details.
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Good. I'll give it another try once you've uploaded in latest version for admin/mods only.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

8thos likes this.
  10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Both the original file with the bug fix and a separate file for BigK's version are included. Everyone ignore BigK's because I did something hackish.

For The Admin and Mod's Only Version

You must move the custom user field for googleplus and googleauthor from Contact Details to Personal Details.

WARNING If you already have custom user fields for Personal Details then they will no longer be shown to regular members.
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I don't see my avatar when I search a thread but it works in Google's Structured Data Testing Tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

If this works for you please post a link to your thread so we can see your google profile show up in Google Search.
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  14. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! Dumb question (I'm Google+ new)
    Where is the 'Contribute to' setting in my G+ account?
    Found it
  15. xpl0iter

xpl0iter Active Member

For some reason, its not working on my forum! :(
    My forum is webgurubb.com
    Can you please check it?
  16. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I missed this one for some reason, thanks for the updates 8thos, I'll check it out soon. :)
  17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh boy... http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/02/11/eric-schmidt-confirms-google-content-given-search-priority

Eric Schmidt confirms Google+ content is given search priority

Excerpts from Google boss Eric Schmidt’s new book, ‘The New Digital Age’, have confirmed that Google + is acting an identity verification network – with such material being given priority in search rankings.

The admission comes amidst an increasingly bitter battle for supremacy between the likes of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook with Google conducting a no holds barred fight for the top slot.

Published by the Wall Street Journal the critical extract reads: “Within search results, information tied to verified online profiles will be ranked higher than content without such verification, which will result in most users naturally clicking on the top (verified) results. The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance.”
    Bob and HenrikHansen like this.
  18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Waindigo mentioned in the reviews wondering why this resource doesn't have much downloads.

I think it doesn't have much downloads because Google Authorship requires a recognizable headshot. Some people are shy.
  19. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

How can I remove:
    Site Link
    Site Image
    DevianArt Fields?
  20. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Those fields are not included in this resource. Those are fields from my own site.