8thos Google Authorship

8thos Google Authorship 1.5

No permission to download
I dunno. Use it for about a month and if it shows up afterwards then your good. I can say that it works for Showcase tho. This is one of those resources that takes a couple weeks before you get results but once you do it's awesome.

Set up authorship by linking your content to your Google+ profile

How do I add this data to a web page on my site???

I have removed TMS and using the default modification system built into Xenforo . Edit the isntall file and replace the tags from <template_modifications> to just <public_template_modifications>

Attributes of Modification tag have also changed to

template="name of template"
modification_key="name_same"
description=""
execution_order="0"
enabled="1"
action="hook"

etc

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest. I will update my old addons sometime later after I fix my site.

I have removed TMS and using the default modification system built into Xenforo . Edit the isntall file and replace the tags from <template_modifications> to just <public_template_modifications>

Attributes of Modification tag have also changed to

template="name of template"
modification_key="name_same"
description=""
execution_order="0"
enabled="1"
action="hook"

etc
This is for the the _mods file right?

This is for the the _mods file right?

Yes it is! but you can use TMS addon without any edits in 1.2.This is needed only if you need to use the core TM in Xenforo 1.2

Or you can go into debug mode and enter the TM modifications manually.

I have one slight concern about this add-on: Let's say I started a nice thread, well-written etc, but then someone else posted something abhorrent and awful in the thread. Google will then view me as the author of that post as well?

I suppose this isn't too different from blogs where there are comments ... but it's not exactly the same either.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Also this:
Oh boy... http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/02/11/eric-schmidt-confirms-google-content-given-search-priority

Eric Schmidt confirms Google+ content is given search priority

Excerpts from Google boss Eric Schmidt’s new book, ‘The New Digital Age’, have confirmed that Google + is acting an identity verification network – with such material being given priority in search rankings.

The admission comes amidst an increasingly bitter battle for supremacy between the likes of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook with Google conducting a no holds barred fight for the top slot.

Published by the Wall Street Journal the critical extract reads: “Within search results, information tied to verified online profiles will be ranked higher than content without such verification, which will result in most users naturally clicking on the top (verified) results. The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance.”
There is nothing stopping us from making a Google Plus account with a pseudonym name. Apparently Google Plus doesn't accept "funny" names though, they have to sound real. But apart from that, it should be fine.

In this day and age with increasing privacy concerns about our digital lives, I think pseudonyms and the Internet forum tradition of using made-up user names have a stronger case than ever before.

By the way if anyone is pulling out their hair trying to figure out why they can't get the testing tool to confirm that there is authorship markup on their page or see anything in search results, it may be because of a recent change I discovered with how Google handles authorship and forums. They appear to be excluding sites with "forum" in the URL.

More info: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/ms5VaHN3clo

I suspect the filtering based on forum in the url is a temp fast fix. Another site I have that doesn't have forum in the url stopped getting authorship markup in serps for a week then started again last week.

I suspect the filtering based on forum in the url is a temp fast fix. Another site I have that doesn't have forum in the url stopped getting authorship markup in serps for a week then started again last week.
Myeah, I'm not sure even now it's as simple as just the URL containing "forum":
search_results.webp
Though maybe if it's a recent change, then it'll take a while before Google has removed it from all the sites.

Top Bottom