8thos Bar (Facebook-Like Floating Menu with Avatar and Search Box)

8thos Bar 5.0

No permission to download

DRE

8thos submitted a new resource:

8thos Bar (version 3.0) - Floating User Bar With Avatar, Style Selector, Back to Top and Search Bar

This is a floating user bar inspired by Facebook's user bar that features navigation visitor tab links, an avatar that lets you change your avatar upon click, style selector, back to top link that brings you to the header and a search bar. If you are a moderator and above, the admin link is shortened to say Admin CP and the moderation queue and reported items links and alerts only show when there is actually an alert.

You can see a working demo of this addon at...

Read more about this resource...

It only has the xml add-on file. There is no upload folder as stated in your installation description.

WOW, you are a genius...i wanted this :) Thanks a ton.

Reactions: DRE
8thos, just a thought on the styling which may make it more compatible.

You could create your own css file called 8thosbar.css.

Then in one of your template modifications you could have:

<xen:require css="8thosbar.css" />

Can't figure out though why it wouldn't have worked for Gopala - but in case this happens for more people then it is one option to ensure compatibility for everyone.

Just noticed that "Log Out" is no longer launched in an overlay.

To fix, in the modification 8B Menu Links:

Change:

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link logout}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase log_out}</a></li>

to

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link logout}" class="OverlayTrigger navLink">{xen:phrase log_out}</a></li>

Thank you very much. It worked now. Just one help, how do i modify to maintain the search bar intact?

Thanks once again :)
In TMS Edit for 8thos Bar Look for 8B Search Bar and remove:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>

In TMS Edit for 8thos Bar uncheck 8B Search CSS
8thos, just a thought on the styling which may make it more compatible.

You could create your own css file called 8thosbar.css.

Then in one of your template modifications you could have:

<xen:require css="8thosbar.css" />

Can't figure out though why it wouldn't have worked for Gopala - but in case this happens for more people then it is one option to ensure compatibility for everyone.
Just noticed that "Log Out" is no longer launched in an overlay.

To fix, in the modification 8B Menu Links:

Change:

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link logout}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase log_out}</a></li>

to

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link logout}" class="OverlayTrigger navLink">{xen:phrase log_out}</a></li>
Okay done! :D

In TMS Edit for 8thos Bar Look for 8B Search Bar and remove:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>

In TMS Edit for 8thos Bar uncheck 8B Search CSS

Okay done! :D

Thanks Sir, but the search bar has disappeared; I just wanted the Search Bar to be intact in it's original position.

i have some problems with newest abd older addon. I'm admin but i loss NAV... please fixed it..thank you..and i want avatar small...

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 39
I get this issue when i install it, btw i am using the xenunique framework not sure if that matters or not

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.12.35 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.12.35 PM.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom