XF 1.2 504 gateway timeout

Thanks, incorporated those into my configs but have proceeded with Jake's CLI option below. That's a nice site - spent 15 mins going through it!

Big forum?

Try the CLI upgrader if you have shell access to your server:
library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php

Yes, big.
Thanks, I ran the CLI and ran the upgrade but received another error. I'll post another thread for that, as I think it's unrelated to this issue.

That makes sense.

Sorry to go slightly OT in your thread Mouth. Maybe it would be worth thinking about an option to add a line to the page description below the title when posts are split off from threads to prevent confusion. Something like this perhaps? It would help to give a bit of context to split threads.

upload_2013-10-11_13-22-40.webp

Big forum?

Try the CLI upgrader if you have shell access to your server:

library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php

@Jake Bunce I'm having the same problem upgrading to 1.2.2 on our test site.

It gets to "Upgrading... 1.2.0 Alpha, Step 10" then fails with a gateway timeout.

Can I literally just run the CLI upgrader or do I need to configure anything first?

Step 10 involves conversations, step 11 involves the post table, step 12 involves the IP tables. All of these can have quite a lot of data so MySQL may take some time to alter them. You can use SHOW PROCESSLIST; to monitor them.

You should be able to go straight into the CLI. Note that it doesn't strictly provide an advantage -- MySQL won't run the query any faster -- except in the case of a timeout. Where you'd normally get a timeout and have to refresh, you won't get the timeout and the script will continue when the query completes.

Top Bottom