XF 2.2 504 Gateway Time-out on Forum Nodes

Shane Greer

Hi folks

Looking for some help.

My forum nodes when clicked on give me a 504 time out but when I enter via last ppost, new posts etc it works fine... any ideas what the problem could be

Thanks

Shane

Ok I tried to disable a couple of plug ins and now Im getting this.

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Page source shows

<!-- User already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections -->

Rectified itself but still having a 504 when clicking on the main nodes... have turned all the addons off... wasnt that many and it made no difference. Might try it on a default theme to see if thats the issue.

Oh me... contacted my hosts about the max user connections who state...

Thank you for your response.

In regards to a solution, sadly we cannot look in to this for you as this is down to the behaviour and functions of the script which is beyond support.
In basic terms, every amendment to the database requires a connection to be made. These connections should be opened, amendment made and then closed. Even if a user is using the forum, the site should be coded as to not be leaving a connection open. It indicates to me that the forum is not killing the open connections in a timely manner, which is resulting in the multiple connections stacking up and resulting in new connections not being made.

In this instance, you would need to approach the forum supplier in regards to what can be done in closing the connections in a timely manner.

Thanks again for contacting us.

-------------------------------------------

My xenforo forum doesnt even have that many folk using it.

Where do I go from here... anyone have a good suggestion for new hosts?

Thanks

Shane

I have had the same hosts sine 2010 and yeah have had a few hiccups along the way - thing is my forum isnt very big. All my other sites are working (powered by wordpress) its just Im getting a max user error on the 504 for my xenforo home nodes. If I log out I can whizz around like nobodies business no errors. All my members are getting the same error when logged in. It only started happening this morning.

I have had the same hosts sine 2010 and yeah have had a few hiccups along the way - thing is my forum isnt very big. All my other sites are working (powered by wordpress) its just Im getting a max user error on the 504 for my xenforo home nodes. If I log out I can whizz around like nobodies business no errors. All my members are getting the same error when logged in. It only started happening this morning.
Errr... if you have several sites on one hosting (shared) and they have a cap on the number of mySQL connections.. that limit normally applies for ALL sites... not each specific site. So you may want to check into that.

Top Bottom