XF 1.4 503 Service Unavailable

Steve F

Getting this error when trying to upload an animated avatar. This happens on all XF installs.

Running LiteSpeed on this new VPS.

Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)
xenforo.js:334  503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

Proudly powered by  LiteSpeed Web ServerPlease be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site.

I have installed and enabled imagick extension along with checking the ImageMagic option in the ACP.

upload_2015-8-17_22-45-30.webp

Does it take a while for it to appear? If so, it's likely just taking too long to process the image. This is the downside of allowing animated avatars. You may need to increase a timeout between your web server and PHP.

If it's happening quickly, that might imply that PHP is crashing (probably the imagick extension).

If it is the latter, as suggested by Mike, I've seen some suggestions that this is basically ImageMagick causing a segfault in PHP.

This is one solution that worked for someone:
Why does my ImageMagick / Imagick setup always crash when I read from an SVG?

I feel like we've seen this sporadically with users of XFMG. Generally some combination of upgrading/downgrading ImageMagick or the imagick extension usually solves these things.

@Steve F, give me a yell on Slack later and I'll see if I can take a look at it for y'all. It is probably something in the LS PHP compile or possibly the CentOS install (if that's what you used on it).

Top Bottom