XF 2.0 attempting new install, error 503 service unavailable

Joe Kuhn

I'm pointing my browser to the install directory as shown here in WinSCP:

1519360242059.webp

And Chrome gives me this:

1519360375776.webp

I see the 2.0 manual says, "If you receive any other error messages, your server does not meet XenForo's requirements and your host will need to make changes to their PHP configuration." So I checked the requirements and they are good:

1519360918405.webp

Note I placed the requirements php file in the feedkindness.com directory. Hm.

Advice?

Thanks,
Joe

Management gave me this to try which I could log into on dreamhost, so I know the login and password are correct. For db name I used 'mysql.feedkindness.com' which did not work in xf. It's over on dreamhost.com, not feedkindness.com, so I also tried the whole url.

1519447725170.webp

With these results, both tries:

1519447664386.webp

Still loading...I wonder if this database is going to be fast enough. The installer is still inserting Phrases at 27%. Must be it's location, different from where XF is being installed. It has taken 2.5 hours to get to this point. Is that normal? I can't imagine that it is, but I wouldn't know. Anybody?

Last edited:
Still loading...I wonder if this database is going to be fast enough. The installer is still inserting Phrases at 27%. Must be it's location, different from where XF is being installed. It has taken 2.5 hours to get to this point. Is that normal? I can't imagine that it is, but I wouldn't know. Anybody?
I think my installs finish in less than a minute.

Dang. So i can just close the page and start again later after getting a better db location?

[edit] closed and will request db on same server from management.

Last edited:
Top Bottom