XF 1.2 500 server error on upgrade

Ok, so can I get some direction on this.

My site is currently stuck. I turned off the board and went to upgrade and it failed. Nothing. Just a 500 error. I can not turn on the board or get to a point to try any of the suggested fixes. IE disable addons.

12.144.64.146 - nutter [20/Aug/2013:16:20:29 -0400] "GET /community/install/index.php HTTP/1.1" 500 543 "http://XXXX/community/admin.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0)"

Removed the site name for privacy reasons. That's all I get on the server logs.

Currently running
Apache version 2.2.24
PHP version 5.3.26
MySQL version 5.5.30-cll

<!DOCTYPE html><html id="XenForo" lang="en-US" dir="LTR" class="Admin RunDeferred"><head><meta charset="utf-8" /><meta name="robots" content="noindex" /><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" /><title>Admin CP - Skinheads.net</title><link rel="admin.php?_css/&amp;css=public%3Axenforo%2Cpublic%3Aform%2Cadmin&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1377026095" /><script src="js/jquery/jquery-1.10.1.min.js"></script><script src="js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=e3e9d58f"></script><script src="js/xenforo/acp_quicksearch.js?_v=e3e9d58f"></script><script> jQuery.extend(true, XenForo, { serverTimeInfo: { now: 1377032977, today: 1376971200, todayDow: 2 }, _enableOverlays: "1", _animationSpeedMultiplier: "1", _overlayConfig: { top: "10%", speed: 200, closeSpeed: 100, mask: { color: "rgb(255, 255, 255)", opacity: "0.6", loadSpeed: 200, closeSpeed: 100 } }, _loadedScripts: [], _cookieConfig: { path: "/", domain: "", prefix: "xf_"}, _csrfToken: "1,1377032977,8add669adf6136d14002b3995377dd5d433f0cf4", _csrfRefreshUrl: "admin.php?login/csrf-token-refresh", _jsversion: "e3e9d58f", _manualDeferUrl: "admin.php?tools/run-deferred" }); jQuery.extend(XenForo.phrases, { cancel: "Cancel", a_moment_ago: "A moment ago", one_minute_ago: "1 minute ago", x_minutes_ago: "%minutes% minutes ago", today_at_x: "Today at %time%", yesterday_at_x: "Yesterday at %time%", day_x_at_time_y: "%day% at %time%", day0: "Sunday", day1: "Monday", day2: "Tuesday", day3: "Wednesday", day4: "Thursday", day5: "Friday", day6: "Saturday", _months: "January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December", _daysShort: "Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat", following_error_occurred: "The following error occurred", server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again: "The server did not respond in time. Please try again.", click_image_show_full_size_version: "Click this image to show the full-size version.", no_items_matched_your_filter: "No items matched your filter.", processing: "Processing", cancel: "Cancel", cancelling: "Cancelling" }); </script></head><body class="simple"><div id="content"><div class="titleBar"><h1>Admin Control Panel - Skinheads.net</h1></div> The board is currently waiting to be upgraded. Please <a href="install/index.php">complete the upgrade</a>. </div></body></html>

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

"The server did not respond in time. Please try again."

Are you experiencing any server related issues?

No nothing. The main site works fine. Save it gives the message it is turned off. The subdomains work fine, cpanel, email, myphpadmin, and everything works fine. The only error I get is when I goto upgrade xenforo and I get the 500 error.

CPU Usage 4 / 100 %
Memory Usage 1592 / 2097152 KB
Entry Processes 0 / 35

There's nothing indicating that anything is taking too long - that's just a phrase in the HTML/JS.

A 500 error message is generic and it doesn't really have anything in it to help us debug. There should be an error log with some details -- you may need to contact your host for help getting access to it.

Do check that you haven't unexpectedly chmodded the install files to an incorrect value. (0644 / 0755 should be correct.)

Good to hear the site's still around :) Anywho, Is it a dedicated server? If not, you wouldn't have access to change the settings, your host would need to. Shoot me a PM sometime as you have them turned off to message you.

@Mike Anytime a client gets this error updating, increasing limits in Cloud Linux LVE Manager always fixes it.

Mike Edge: Will shoot you a message soon. Naw, not a dedicated server just hosting. I JUST moved to the new people to save cash. So I went with web hosting. The deal was too go to pass up. I was on my own dedicated server looks like I should have stayed. LOL I will post this to the support ticket.

Mike (Xenforo Dev): No I didn't change any settings been doing this a long long time simple mistakes are rare for me. I am leaning towards the idea the server limits are to low as Mike Edge said. I am requesting the error logs but I have not gotten them. I have access to the sites web access logs but it shows me nothing but what I posted.

Top Bottom