XF 1.2 500 server error on upgrade

Ok, so can I get some direction on this.

My site is currently stuck. I turned off the board and went to upgrade and it failed. Nothing. Just a 500 error. I can not turn on the board or get to a point to try any of the suggested fixes. IE disable addons.

Hmm my host claims it was a Apache issue with .htaccess that caused it. Ok sure maybe. But funny thing is the .htaccess is just password protecting the community/install dir. It pops up a passwd prompt and my user name and passwd works fine. Then I get the normal user name and passwd for xenforo admin area and it worked fine. Every thing in the admin area works fine BUT the xenforo update. They say all they did was renamed my .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak and now the update works. Though I did suggest they change the limits on the Cloud linux in my support ticket so who knows what else they did. They did claim they could not change the limits on the hosting because they were perm set whatever that means. Also they would not give me the server error log to show me the issue. I wish I had more but I was able to fully update the site to 1.2.1 with out issue.

They did claim they could not change the limits on the hosting because they were perm set whatever that means. Also they would not give me the server error log to show me the issue. I wish I had more but I was able to fully update the site to 1.2.1 with out issue.

LOL, it's simple to do. Just create you a temp package, raise the limits on that package and then move you back to your correct package when finished. :)

Mike: You and me both know its BS. Their first solution was to move me to a Managed VPS for $89.99 a month. I flipped a bit on the guy saying then why did I move to you all. I was on a dedicated server I paid 99.99 a month that offered way more than your Managed VPS. Long story short it got fixed. We shall see how things go from now on. Be in touch soon.

Top Bottom