XF 1.4 500 Error During Registration

KenBrace

Recently users have been unable to register at my site. I tested it out to see what the issue was and apparently it's throwing the error provided below. I switched to a new server and got an SSL cert so that may have something to do with it. I thought that perhaps the outdated HTTP board URL was the problem but I fixed that and it's still not working. Any ideas?

upload_2017-4-8_12-52-15.webp

PS: I'm actually not entirely sure which version of XF I'm running but I last updated it about a year ago so I'm guessing its 1.4.

This is the error that I keep getting in the "error_log" file...
Code:
[08-Apr-2017 16:17:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function iconv_strlen() in /public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 1263

Is iconv enabled in PHP on your server? It should be, by default, but it might not be.

Run phpinfo.php to check. If you don't have a phpinfo page, you can easily create one - just make a plain text file and add this:
Code:
<?php

phpinfo();

?>
Then save it as phpinfo.php, upload it to the root of your XF install, and call the URL in your browser, e.g.; http://yoursite.com/phpinfo.php

If it is disabled, check your php.ini file to see if it has been disabled there and edit to enable it - should be something like ... extension=iconv.so ... if it's got a # in front, remove it, save, restart your web server, and check to see if it works?

Top Bottom