300 members in one day....

I was here at 7am this morning the second I found out about it.

Frankly that was always going to be the case.

So much for a semi private alpha preview ;)

I think it's good this way. It has highlighted how this very early, unfinished private alpha version that Kier and Mike probably consider very rough round the edges and unready, knocks a thousand spots off vb4, six iterations into Gold.

I don't want to come here and keep knocking vB4 but these comparisons are so important they can't be ignored.

It's also made it a lot harder to keep up with everything that's going by. This is a much bigger response than Kier and I ever expected, so thanks everyone. :)

But seriously, can you stop posting? Kthxbai!

It's also made it a lot harder to keep up with everything that's going by. This is a much bigger response than Kier and I ever expected, so thanks everyone. :)

Probably not .. it's too much fun to use this software. And the features such as news feed and following people makes you want to come back and see what your friends are up to. Much more interesting content, alongside the normal new content.

Can't stay away; sorry.

I totally agree with Floris I am sorry but I can't stop posting, it is just so fun to use this software... It is much faster moving and much more free flowing and entertaining than any other forum software I have ever used... It was like my initial excitement about Twitter I couldn't stop tweeting and telling others about it...

All with no noticeable slow down! Great work for an alpha, if I can say that. Coming from an avid IPB user too ;)

Well, aren't you glad you guys implemented a proper mark-read system at the start? :p

No! :p

As others have said above me, there's something about the way this works that just makes you post. It sounds stupid. I can't tell you even what it is. But there's...something!

Mike, savour the moment. This is more than you experienced when working for Jelsoft (in my opinion) as it is your's and Kier's baby. Suffice to say this is how people remember you and Kier. Truly the SMEs in the area of forum (and hopefully CMS/gallery) software. As I used to say to a certain friend who showed me Quakeworld .... WE ARE NOT WORTHY!! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

As others have said above me, there's something about the way this works that just makes you post. It sounds stupid. I can't tell you even what it is. But there's...something!

I agree, I harldy ever post on these kind of forums, just mostly read, but I can't seem to stop for some reason :eek: lol

No! :p

I think it's the fact (I've mentioned it before) that the atmosphere is like the pre-IB days. We can post our opinion freely, it's relaxed, we're all excited about a new product and future development... there's just so much going on. It's a big family reunion of sorts. :p

I think it's the fact (I've mentioned it before) that the atmosphere is like the pre-IB days. We can post our opinion freely, it's relaxed, we're all excited about a new product and future development... there's just so much going on. It's a big family reunion of sorts. :p

I agree but I think there's more too it than that.

I think everyone does realise we're at the start of something seriously big.

Kier seems genuinely bemused by the staggering level of the response. He shouldn't be. It's a true reflection of the high esteem in which he and Mike (and also Scott although he's off doing other things) are held.

They are genuinely trustedworthy people who are also exceptionally talented coders, a combination that doesn't come about all that often. And they don't just code, they innovate and rewrite the rules, and that's even rarer.

That, as we always knew, is why vBulletin was so successful under their stewardship and I am certain that success is about to be repeated.

Ok...I have an idea.

Let Floris baby sit us and keep us entertained while Mike and Kier should lock them selves in a room and keep programing. I am sure someone in your area will volunteer to handle bringing you food and stuff.

Someone start taking them all the comfort items they need so they can keep working.

Top Bottom