1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 members in one day....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AdrianH, Jul 29, 2010.

1. AdrianH

AdrianH Active Member

What does that tell you?

Well done Kier,Mike and co. that is quite a start up.;)

2. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Yea their doing really well. (Word spreads fast)

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

It sure is

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I was here at 7am this morning the second I found out about it.

Frankly that was always going to be the case.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

So much for a semi private alpha preview ;)

6. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I think it's good this way. It has highlighted how this very early, unfinished private alpha version that Kier and Mike probably consider very rough round the edges and unready, knocks a thousand spots off vb4, six iterations into Gold.

I don't want to come here and keep knocking vB4 but these comparisons are so important they can't be ignored.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's also made it a lot harder to keep up with everything that's going by. This is a much bigger response than Kier and I ever expected, so thanks everyone. :)

But seriously, can you stop posting? Kthxbai!

Eriksrocks, Enigma and Ceri May like this.
  8. Floris

Floris Guest

Probably not .. it's too much fun to use this software. And the features such as news feed and following people makes you want to come back and see what your friends are up to. Much more interesting content, alongside the normal new content.

Can't stay away; sorry.

Ceri May likes this.
  9. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Floris I am sorry but I can't stop posting, it is just so fun to use this software... It is much faster moving and much more free flowing and entertaining than any other forum software I have ever used... It was like my initial excitement about Twitter I couldn't stop tweeting and telling others about it...

10. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

All with no noticeable slow down! Great work for an alpha, if I can say that. Coming from an avid IPB user too ;)

11. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Well, aren't you glad you guys implemented a proper mark-read system at the start? :p

12. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

No! :p

As others have said above me, there's something about the way this works that just makes you post. It sounds stupid. I can't tell you even what it is. But there's...something!

Eriksrocks, Onimua and Alex like this.
  13. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

I bet you did not expect to be saying that today hehe :)

14. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Mike, savour the moment. This is more than you experienced when working for Jelsoft (in my opinion) as it is your's and Kier's baby. Suffice to say this is how people remember you and Kier. Truly the SMEs in the area of forum (and hopefully CMS/gallery) software. As I used to say to a certain friend who showed me Quakeworld .... WE ARE NOT WORTHY!! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

15. Cam2

Cam2 Member

I see everyone grinning ear to ear every time they log on... Including me:) What a nice change!!!

16. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

We are past 350 now

17. Alex

Alex Active Member

I agree, I harldy ever post on these kind of forums, just mostly read, but I can't seem to stop for some reason :eek: lol

18. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I think it's the fact (I've mentioned it before) that the atmosphere is like the pre-IB days. We can post our opinion freely, it's relaxed, we're all excited about a new product and future development... there's just so much going on. It's a big family reunion of sorts. :p

Nick likes this.
  19. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I agree but I think there's more too it than that.

I think everyone does realise we're at the start of something seriously big.

Kier seems genuinely bemused by the staggering level of the response. He shouldn't be. It's a true reflection of the high esteem in which he and Mike (and also Scott although he's off doing other things) are held.

They are genuinely trustedworthy people who are also exceptionally talented coders, a combination that doesn't come about all that often. And they don't just code, they innovate and rewrite the rules, and that's even rarer.

That, as we always knew, is why vBulletin was so successful under their stewardship and I am certain that success is about to be repeated.

20. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Ok...I have an idea.

Let Floris baby sit us and keep us entertained while Mike and Kier should lock them selves in a room and keep programing. I am sure someone in your area will volunteer to handle bringing you food and stuff.

Someone start taking them all the comfort items they need so they can keep working.