1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on $30 For Modification

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by BamaStangGuy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I simply need this add-on changed so that it lists the most recent threads and not most recent posts. Right now it pulls from last_post_date. I need it to pull be most recent thread created.
  2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

If it pulls from xf_thread why don't you simply post the code in question so someone will be able to change it 4U?
    It seems to be an easy modification with just a few words to be changed. Not worth even $30 perhaps.
  3. BamaStangGuy

Sorry, I forgot to put the link: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/monthly-whats-new-email.912/

class MonthlyEmails_Model_Email extends XenForo_Model
        public function sendMonthlyEmails()
            $users = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_User')->getUsers(array(
                'user_status' => 'valid',
                'receive_admin_email' => 1,
            ), array(
                'join' => XenForo_Model_User::FETCH_USER_FULL
            $viewParams = array(
                'options' => XenForo_Application::get('options'),
                'threads' => $this->_getRecentPublicThreads()
            foreach ($users as $user)
                $mail = XenForo_Mail::create('monthly_email', array_merge($viewParams, array('user' => $user)), $user['language_id']);
                $mail->queue($user['email'], $user['username']);
        protected function _getRecentPublicThreads()
            $nodeModel = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Node');
            $nodes = $nodeModel->getAllNodes(false, true);
            $nodePermissions = $nodeModel->getNodePermissionsForPermissionCombination(1);
            $nodeHandlers = $nodeModel->getNodeHandlersForNodeTypes(
            $nodes = $nodeModel->getViewableNodesFromNodeList($nodes, $nodeHandlers, $nodePermissions);
            $nodes = $nodeModel->mergeExtraNodeDataIntoNodeList($nodes, $nodeHandlers);
            $nodes = $nodeModel->prepareNodesWithHandlers($nodes, $nodeHandlers);
            $postIds = array();
            foreach ($nodes as $node)
                if (!empty($node['last_post_id']))
                    $postIds[$node['last_post_id']] = $node['last_post_date'];
            $postIds = array_slice(array_keys($postIds), 0, 3);
            $threads = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Post')->getPostsAndParentData($postIds);
            return $threads[1];
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  4. BamaStangGuy

5. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

Have you contacted Slavik? Modifying is not very straight forward because the thread_id is not available from the last_post info of the forum. Of course it can be done but it's best to ask the author to do that for you, paid work or else.
  6. BamaStangGuy

Yes, no response.
  7. BamaStangGuy

If $30 is not sufficient to get this done please let me know your quote.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

$30 should be sufficient.

I have started work on this - nearly complete.

xfrocks - you're absolutely right. That is exactly the correct and most respectful attitude towards the original developer. He has, however, confirmed he isn't inclined to develop the original add-on further.
    Mouth likes this.