In preparation for the 1.1 roll-out

A few things you've missed off:

Post count can be disabled for forums now.
Forums can be removed from the news feed.

Both of those have been applied to the test forum here.

The screenshot of the alert is for a standard alert.
Conversation alerts are different.
Thanks Brogan!

I've updated the thread with new screenshots from the most recent HYS videos. I've already got this thread posted (hidden) on my site and ready to unveil (tomorrow).:D

Wow Dodgeboard... this is the first chance I've had to check out the contribution you've made here... How very generous of you to go to such lengths for the benefit of our community (and I'm happy to say that from my experience you are in a great deal of very good company in doing so.

Again, many thanks!!!
All the best with your rollout,
HJ

Thanks! I may not be a coder like many on here, but I do copy/paste real good. :ROFLMAO:
Great job. Your excellent post is an example of useful information that get buried in the forums limiting it's impact.
Hmm... maybe we should start a users' category like that: not a coder, but eats paste or some such... Sign me up! :rolleyes:

The relatively sterile (no video)(minimal graphical information) help - http://xenforo.com/help/ - isn't detailed or particularly helpful.
The lack of integration of the help section with the forums is a barrier to it's use. The lack of commenting on the Help Pages makes it feel like a boring manual with littlc chance of being kept up to date.

Xenforo needs the infrastructure to support community-driven documentation.
Alerts + Wiki-like edit access + WYSIWYG editor = huge win.
Let's hope it is in the future.

Update: Add a dash of some "document" / "Post" - based permissions = lengendary.

I've also made help threads for both the members and moderators on my site.

Unfortunately they're both in registered user forums so I can't link to them.

I've also made help threads for both the members and moderators on my site.

Unfortunately they're both in registered user forums so I can't link to them.
Sounds like a great piece of work! Any chance of making these available (without sensitive security issues specific to your site of course) to registered license holders here?

Sounds like a great piece of work! Any chance of making these available (without sensitive security issues specific to your site of course) to registered license holders here?

You could always copy it, then change whatever you need to change. Most of the screenshots are from this board.

Known Issues:

Firefox 3.6.22 has a bug that renders some displayed graphics incorrectly with 1.1. If you are using 3.6.22, you should upgrade to 6.0.2 located here. One way to tell if you have an older browser, is to click on someone's avatar. When the member card pops up, the text should align perfectly on the black background. If half of it runs of the member card, you need to upgrade your browser because you will see other areas that are also affected.

Display Bug example:

View attachment 18552
You can take this part out. I'm running Firefox 3.6.24 and don't see this problem at all. Also, your post says Firefox 6.0.2. Aren't we on Firefox 8 or 9 already? I don't find Firefox to be getting any better with this rapid release schedule, just crashier.

You can take this part out. I'm running Firefox 3.6.24 and don't see this problem at all. Also, your post says Firefox 6.0.2. Aren't we on Firefox 8 or 9 already? I don't find Firefox to be getting any better with this rapid release schedule, just crashier.
They gave up on stability a long time ago, so I don't see much difference really.

Hey dodgeboard, your banner is a bit iffy looking at the edges on large monitors. Just a heads up :)

Attachments

• dodge.webp
    dodge.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 14

Your not joking either. I downgraded last week to the same old FireFox 3.6.24 after having some serious issues using FF 8. Like a fool I removed it after having some slight issues testing vBulletin 4 locally using the new text editor with it, mouse pointer was not showing up at times inside the text box. I put FF 8 back again, then the other day the same thing happened again using it like before. Blue screen of death and computer just switched off.

I've never had Blue Screen in 5 years on this custom PC I built before installing FF8, I've had 3 times it happen to me now while using FF 8 at the same time browsing. I don't know what it is, but there something about my PC FF 8 doesn't like, could be the graphics driver I think seeing as I'm using a pretty old one that came with the cards.

Top Bottom