$250 to remove brand removal?? Is this true?

zenzenzen

Before I buy XF, I saw that on top of the $140 licensing fee, it's an additional $250 to remove the copyright brand:

" Branding Removal - $250*
This allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages."

It seems a bit high, since I'm already dropping $140 upfront

Do you guys remove the this brand/copy logo?
Are there other ways to remove the brand after spending $140? via CSS coding for example?

I would think existence would be important for everyone. But that's a pretty deep conversation. What is life? What is existence? The alternative is nothingness? Is there an afterlife when you don't exist?
<shameless plug>Come on over to Wondercafe2. Religious and philosophical questions are our stock in trade. </end shameless plug> 😁

But seriously, I don't see a problem with XF charging a substantial fee for brand removal. That's a marketing and IP concern so seems fair. The copyright statement isn't that obtrusive (I rarely even scroll down that far) so I can't see me ever using it anyway. Maybe if I was doing some dramatic restyling for a commercially branding site (in which case the $300 would just be another line in the project budget), but not for a regular forum like the ones I tend to frequent.

As I wrote previously you have to see the problem upside down: The XenForo license costs $460 but if you accept a small copyright then you have a reduction of $300!
That's an interesting way to look at it, actually. Probably would be tough to market that way, but it does rationalize it better in some other ways.

Do you also only ever take unbranded carry-bags places or do you use the ones the shop has that have their branding on?

Do you remove the badge from your car indicating what brand it is? A Ferrari is still obviously a Ferrari, after all.

Do you choose a phone case deliberately to hide the manufacturer‘s logo?

If you do not do it in these cases, why worry about it on a forum?

Do you also only ever take unbranded carry-bags places or do you use the ones the shop has that have their branding on?

Do you remove the badge from your car indicating what brand it is? A Ferrari is still obviously a Ferrari, after all.

Do you choose a phone case deliberately to hide the manufacturer‘s logo?

If you do not do it in these cases, why worry about it on a forum?
Is there any option to remove?

Of course - you can bring your own bags, you can remove the badge from your car, you can have a phone case that hides the brand.

My question is the larger one: would you actually do so? If so, why?

My question is the larger one: would you actually do so? If so, why?
Because sometimes it comes across and gaudy and clean is nice?
I removed the TRD Off-Road 4x4 from my Tundra because it looks like something you'd stick on a HotWheels truck. I use a case on my phone mainly for protection.. but I'm also not a big fan of that shiny/gaudy apple. ;)

Top Bottom