Brand Removal

LGT

I am willing to pay $140 for a license, but $250 for the brand removal is real steep.

I just took down SMF because spammers spidered the Powered by.

Although I like what I see, I don't like it for $390?

I am looking for something that is spammer/hacker safe.

vBulletin's was like $600 when it first started out...

Brand Free is nice when using for commercial reasons....

I bought it on vBulletin...and I might get it when I transfer my site over. No worries though.

Pretty much, I hate seeing a bunch of extra crap in the footer.

Even though I also think that $250 is to high, I can understand why it is that much.
The footer is XF's advertising, so by removing XF's advertising you're lowering the potential sales that XF makes via your footer. $250 is like almost 2 licenses, so it's kinda cheap when you think of it that way.

If you think of it as "$250 to remove a line of text" it's going to sound crazy.

If you think of it as "$250 to remove a line of text" it's going to sound crazy.
Exactly, however the only thing I prefer down there is my own company's info. Granted I'm not running a brand free vB4 right now, however instead of buying it I made the decision to switch to XF instead. (y)

BTW I see that you're the guy who has the username I wanted (my name's also James). :)

Guys, if you have a forum that is targeted by spammers you probably get a decent amount of money by ads or at least you have some other model of refinancing your forum. So the $ 250 shouldn't be much of a problem as it's a one-time-fee.
If you run a commercial forum: stop weeping and pay. It's not that much.
If you have a non-commercial forum, being branding-free isn't important at all.

Top Bottom