What's the difference difference between buying brand removal for U$ 250 and erasing the Footer on the Options?

deslocotoco

It's just a question in the title.

Because in my options on Admin Panel i see that i can remove the phrase "Forum software by XenForo™ © 2010-2018 XenForo Ltd." and putting anything that i want there.

I didn't change anything, I'm asking first because i want to be 100% under the law and terms of use first.

The branding removal is for what then?

Thanks guys.

It's my first XenForo installation and is all running very smooth and beautiful. I love this Forum system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't remove the copyright without paying the $250 fees, or you will receive that per PM :

Code:
We have detected that at least one of your sites is violating the XenForo license agreement by removing or modifying the XenForo copyright notice. The exact term in the license agreement is:

All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.
Please see our license agreement for the full text. To comply with the license agreement, you must either restore the copyright notice (in its original text) or purchase the branding removal extra.

Until this issue has been resolved, your forum account has been limited from posting or accessing resources. Once this has issue has been resolved, simply reply to this message or submit a ticket and the account restrictions will be lifted.

Please note that multiple violations will result in account limitations.

Regards,

I didn't knew that when I start using XenForo, so I received that :)

From the license agreement:

"All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited."

Top Bottom