• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

kyrgyz

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.
UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).
UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

Lycaon

Very good post but it's not completely accurate though.

Business times vary with each business.

It could be anything, 9-6, 9-5, 9-4, 8-5. I personally haven't come across any business hours of 8-4 However there is one company who's business hours are 10-3.

Like I said that is a great post and it's epic that you took the time to write it up but at the same time the information may not be accurate.

I think it's best to wait for Kier, Mike or Ashley to state the business times - Of course that's if they intent to.

Paul M

The generally accepted office hours in the uk are 9 - 5, Ive never seen anyone define them as 8 - 4 before. (I work neither, I do 10 - 6 ;))

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If it's a UK business then the "office" hours are anywhere from 0700 to 2000, plus some work later in the evening after dinner and a few hours at weekends.

And make sure you take your laptop on holiday with you so you can "log in just to check emails".

RickM

If it's a UK business then the "office" hours are anywhere from 0700 to 2000, plus some work later in the evening after dinner and a few hours at weekends.

And make sure you take your laptop on holiday with you so you can "log in just to check emails".
Standard UK office howevers are 9AM - 5PM. Having said that, some London businesses near me have opted to do 8AM - 4PM or 10AM - 6PM. But no STANDARD business would be 7AM - 8PM.

CFodder

I just put Fox Clocks on FF so I know when to start lurking :). Makes it quite easy being in DST as well as Britain, 9am = 9pm here :).

Wonder if I'll make it to work on the 6th?????

F

Floris

This all does not matter one bit.

They will go "ok, I think it's ready to go on sale, [click]" and announce it.
Then, the 24 hours start. Regardless of time zone.

Jeffin

I like this post. I thought India wouldn't be there but hey it is. I am on my vacations here at my home in India.

iGamer

Yeah true, but i got a really busy schedule that day. Between classes and traveling, it's going to be a nightmare. I just hope my smartphone gets a decent signal for me to be able to order it.