24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

The only thing that dissapoints me is the US timezones.

I assume the biggest market of sales is going to be coming from the US. Yet, the hours are dreadful.. I mean 12-5am? Half of us will be asleep and since it's a Tuesday, we have work the next day.

Terrible timing.....

I assume the biggest market of sales is going to be coming from the US. Yet, the hours are dreadful.. I mean 12-5am? Half of us will be asleep and since it's a Tuesday, we have work the next day.

Terrible timing.....
But it's 24 hours. If you miss the first few hours it should be easy to catch the last few. So if it's not there when you wake up in the morning, it should be that night through the next morning.

From some of the posts I've seen around it seems people seem to think that it's just Tuesday in their timezone and once it's 12:01am Wednesday morning the sale's over. :confused:

Ah your right.. for some reason I kept thinking 12 hours instead of 24. I guess in that case if it starts at midnight, I have till the next midnight for the next day to get it.

Terrible timing.....

Kier and Mike are UK based. Its hardly fair to expect them to start selling after standard business hours. XenForo is and (hopefully) always will be a UK business.

I'm back. Phew. I thought it would mean that if the timer starts at 1pm (whatever local time) it stops at 1pm (24 hours later). That would include a 7pm and a 7am. If the clock started at 1am, it would included a 7am and a 7pm. My drawings, oh they were bad, shows it would give everyone an equally fair opportunity. :)

I'm back. Phew. I thought it would mean that if the timer starts at 1pm (whatever local time) it stops at 1pm (24 hours later). That would include a 7pm and a 7am. If the clock started at 1am, it would included a 7am and a 7pm. My drawings, oh they were bad, shows it would give everyone an equally fair opportunity. :)
Don't suppose we could see your workings? You know just to check they are correct. :D

I am making light of a question only to demonstrate to everyone how it works, not to mention for my own benefit :)
souldnt really matter when you start? its going to be 24 hourse all over the world.. doing it 1pm UK time is infact not giving us a change how many people will be at work during this? lol

I bet there will be people who are gonna miss 24-hour sale because of the time zone confusion. IMHO, 48 hours could have been a better choice considering the fact XenForo wants to make a long-lasting positive impression on forumers instead of turning the first time sale into a race against time. BTW, it is not too late to announce one day extention. ;)

any change in the sale period would sort of deliver a wrong message (desperation?)

however, i have seen cases where sale period was extended 'due to massive demand' :D after the start of the sale period.

I bet there will be people who are gonna miss 24-hour sale because of the time zone confusion. IMHO, 48 hours could have been a better choice considering the fact XenForo wants to make a long-lasting positive impression on forumers instead of turning the first time sale into a race against time. BTW, it is not too late to announce one day extention. ;)

It's not exactly rocket science though is it ;) I have to work on US time so I can watch my fave sitcoms when they are aired, so I'm sure you can quickly go on google and type in "{YOUR-TIMEZONE} to BST".

Top Bottom