1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 1.5.10 Upgrade Didn't Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by PrinceReborn, Aug 31, 2016.

1. PrinceReborn

PrinceReborn Member

I downloaded the 1.5.10 upgrade files to patch my 1.5.9 board, however after uploading and overwriting existing files I noticed that it did not take the forum offline for upgrades, and going to /forum/install still shows 1.5.9. I have tried rebuilding the master templates but there was no change. To confirm, all files uploaded and overwrote successfully and were uploaded to the correct location.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it is still showing as 1.5.9, either the files haven't been uploaded to the correct location or some sort of server caching is preventing the new files from being served (or you uploaded the 1.5.9 files).

If you are sure the files have been uploaded correctly, flush or disable the cache (your host can help with that if you aren't sure how to).

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I note you mention the patch files - did you download them from the announcement post or the customer area?

4. PrinceReborn

PrinceReborn Member

Good call on the caching. It could very well be that as we do use Incapsula CDN. By upgrade files I meant the upgrade package from the customer area. I will disable caching and get back with further updates. Thanks a lot.

5. PrinceReborn

PrinceReborn Member

Resolved. Thank you for your help.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Out of interest, was it the caching or something else?