XF 1.4 1.4 images, including Avatar not uploading

MattH

Member reported unable to upload avatar (JPEG) I tried as admin and failed, I then tried to screenshot the image and upload as a PNG and got the same problem.

error on avatar.webp

Any ideas?

OK - I dropped the size down here and it did upload, but the same size image does not work on my site. Any settings I should consider for this? Upload size was inherited from 1.35 and ample...

Can you show the original image? (And the one that worked here but not there?) If it's that large, you may need to upload it elsewhere and simply link to it.

Can you show the original image? (And the one that worked here but not there?) If it's that large, you may need to upload it elsewhere and simply link to it.

Initally couldn't use the JPEG, so I clipped it as a PNG (made the size too large for here) I then resized the PNG to the one attached.

Cal.png worked here, neither will upload on my site.

Attachments

• Cal.webp
    Cal.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
  • phpvm15UI_c3AM.webp
    phpvm15UI_c3AM.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 3
OK - Just found out that the issue is related to uploading ANY image - I just upgraded to 1.4 and it was working fine previously.. any ideas on what setting might have been impacted?

If it's happening with any avatar, that would likely be a permission issue. Recursively chmod the data and internal_data directories to 0777.

If it's happening with any avatar, that would likely be a permission issue. Recursively chmod the data and internal_data directories to 0777.
Thanks.

It seems to be beyond avatars and applies to any uploaded file (within posts too). Would those two directories cover that also?

Top Bottom