1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 1.4 images, including Avatar not uploading

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MattH, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MattH

MattH Active Member

Member reported unable to upload avatar (JPEG) I tried as admin and failed, I then tried to screenshot the image and upload as a PNG and got the same problem.

error on avatar.PNG

Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you able to upload it here?

3. MattH

MattH Active Member

I hit the 40MB limit here so couldn't test, am trying to get any smaller image.

4. MattH

MattH Active Member

OK - I dropped the size down here and it did upload, but the same size image does not work on my site. Any settings I should consider for this? Upload size was inherited from 1.35 and ample...

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Is your server on Litespeed?
    We have this problem last week.

6. MattH

MattH Active Member

Linode

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Server: Apache? Nginx? Litespeed?

8. MattH

MattH Active Member

Apache

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you show the original image? (And the one that worked here but not there?) If it's that large, you may need to upload it elsewhere and simply link to it.

10. MattH

MattH Active Member

Initally couldn't use the JPEG, so I clipped it as a PNG (made the size too large for here) I then resized the PNG to the one attached.

Cal.png worked here, neither will upload on my site.

Attached Files:

11. MattH

MattH Active Member

OK - Just found out that the issue is related to uploading ANY image - I just upgraded to 1.4 and it was working fine previously.. any ideas on what setting might have been impacted?

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's happening with any avatar, that would likely be a permission issue. Recursively chmod the data and internal_data directories to 0777.

13. MattH

MattH Active Member

Thanks.

It seems to be beyond avatars and applies to any uploaded file (within posts too). Would those two directories cover that also?

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

15. MattH

MattH Active Member

Much appreciated folks, sorted now.