Fixed [1.3B1] Missing images using proxy with particular image

Kevin

Here's a bit of a weird one I haven't been able to figure out.

I am importing an RSS feed that includes an image in the media enclosure tag. I am displaying the image in the post using the standard 'img' tag. Since turning on the image proxy I'm seeing some images that are missing and show the new missing image icon instead. When I click on the 'Edit' button of the thread the image appears fine as expected but even after re-saving the post the image does not appear.

My first thought was that since the images can be pretty big that their sizes are bigger then the max set in the ACP for the proxy image size. I changed the limit for the image proxy size to 0 in the ACP, edited the post, save the image, saved the post, but still got the missing image. When I take a look at the image proxy log I don't see any entry for it.

My second, more drastic thought, was that I was running out of disc space and the image was not being able to be saved to the local server. Fortunately that is not the case and there is plenty of space left.

Some images in the imported posts are fine, some are missing. Any other experiments or thoughts?

Here's a quick video of what I'm describing of getting the missing image icon when viewing the post but viewing it in the editor is fine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Images in the editor are not proxied. Can you embed the image here? There have been some fixes since beta 1.

Images in the editor are not proxied. Can you embed the image here? There have been some fixes since beta 1.

Here are the links in question...

Original image that was in the feed (I tried this with a max size of "0" in the ACP but still got the missing image link)...
http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/12237915075_ef199065e4_o.jpg
12237915075_ef199065e4_o.jpg

Smaller size from the same source that did work...
http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...ic/12237915075_ef199065e4_o.jpg?itok=3fWfXMuI
12237915075_ef199065e4_o.jpg

I've fixed this now - the first image had a lot of EXIF data, so we were trying to confirm it was an image too early (this is an optimization to prevent wasting bandwidth on a non-image). I've moved that check further back.

I've fixed this now - the first image had a lot of EXIF data, so we were trying to confirm it was an image too early (this is an optimization to prevent wasting bandwidth on a non-image). I've moved that check further back.
Mike, thanks for looking into & fixing it. :cool:

Top Bottom