Lack of interest image proxy with "seo" urls

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
It would be awesome if the built-in image proxy would support an option to generate "seo" friendly urls:

• maybe some seo impact (especially for image heavy forums)
  • easier to share for users (this would definitely have a positive seo/traffic impact)
  • most important: will make images cachable (if url ends with image-extension .jpg/.png/.etc) via cloudflare.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
you can use page rules to cache images on cloudflare. i believe it works very well. and from my experience, google has no issues caching proxied images.

right. i could be wrong but i think the way xenforo handle attachments especially images is to prevent hotlinking by external websites. same with proxied images. i imagine this is needed because of usergroup permissions?

i could be wrong

preventing hot-linking is only a feature, not a must. In my case I benefit a lot of hot-linking so I do not want to disable it. And it already works fine like this

i imagine this is needed because of usergroup permissions?

Good point. But thats for attachments, not image-proxy.

In any case, I am not asking to get rid of image proxy, I would like to have a nicer url, so instead of:

/proxy.php?image=http://long-url.com/long.image.jpg&hash=assasdadsadsads

/image/hash/filename-from-url.jpg

This can be done with the current way without having to change anything on permissions or hotlinking. But it would require changes to the router and the image-proxy link generation.

Top Bottom