Third party 1.0.4: IE9 - Google +1 button disappears (Forums)

I don't believe it is a XenForo bug, but a Google issue. Google's +1 already has over 10 million signed up users and that number is increasing in leaps and bounds daily.

Works just fine for me, doesn't load slow, and I don't need to refresh to see it, I think Lawrence is right it was probably just something with google at the time you tried, or perhaps an addon in your browser?

I have the same problem with a vanilla build of IE9.

We did some quick debugging yesterday to see if it was related to the mega footer, but apparently not.

This Google +1 is more trouble than it's worth. I wouldn't mind, but it's not even fast at loading up and only helps slows things down.

More info:
The problem is specific to IE9 (9.0.8112.16421).
Tested on three different computers (Windows 7 x32 & x64) and different times.
Chrome (12.0.742.122) works fine.

I solved this problem by adding the following line at the end of the template google_analytics:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>
It's a provisional solution, but it solves the issue. :)

Is this still happening? Google rolled out a supported asynchronous version of the +1 button, so any issue on their end really should be fixed.

I also cannot see the +1 button on any xenforo installations when browsing using my iPad. I will try adding that code Soloarquitectura has added and see what happens!

Added the code and nothing changed. I also noticed that once I did load up my forums on my iPad, I only got access to the Tweet button; no Facebook button or Google +1 so I'm not sure if I need to alter something that has been posted somewhere else on this board somewhere! I sure hope it is fixed for all browsers soon or in a future release which I have no doubt that it will be.

Top Bottom