1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trending Content 2.0.2

This Addon shows your visitors the trending topics on your site.

1. Stuart Wright
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    Requires the bd Widget Framework to be installed for sidebar widgets
    License:
    1 site per license
    Updates Duration:
    12 Months (£10 Yearly Renewal)
    Visible Branding:
    No
    Trending Topics Page
    Trending topics allows you have a page dedicated to your most active threads based on one of the following algorithms:
    • Replies Per Minute since the thread was created.
    • Views Per Minute since the thread was created.
    • Replies+Views Per Minute since the thread was created.
    • We will add more algorithms as time goes on as we think of more ways to do this.
    There is a Trending Topics option group which has controls for filtering the threads that are displayed. You can choose to include threads from only specific nodes, exclude threads with less than x replies, exclude threads with less than x views and also exclude threads older than x days.

XenGallery: Trending Media
    Trending Media gives you a page dedicated to your most active media items based on the following algorithms:
    • Comments on media item per minute since the media item was added.
    • Views Per Minute since the media item was added.
    • Ratings Per Minute since the media item was added.
    • Replies+Views+Comments Per Minute since the media item was added.
    Widget
    This add on comes with a bd Widget Framework widget that can be placed anywhere. You can set multiple widgets and define each one to have different options (the same options that exist for the trending topics page). When the widget is planed in the thread view, it automatically removes the current thread from the list.

Terms And Conditions
    • The price of this addon is £20 plus VAT at the rate in the EU country of the purchaser.
    • This addon requires the [bd] Widget Framework addon.
    • Each license is valid for use on one site.
    • 12 months support renewals are in place; when your support runs up you can continue to use the add on but will not be able to receive updates until you renew it.
    Related Resources:
    bd Widget Framework
    Breixo, CyclingTribe, eva2000 and 5 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Couple of new features and a bug fix
  2. Bug fix
  3. Under new management

Recent Reviews

1. Donny
    Donny
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.2
    Been using this on one of my websites for a while now and the members love it. I think I'm a bit sidebar heavy at the moment, this could stand out better (my bad not the plugins) and yet it still gets used more than 'similar threads' and other similar sidebar-able add-ons.

Once I've complete the porting of all my forums from VB to XF, and have ensured no old URL's are in search engine indexes, I'll have only the Trending Topics in the sidebar, and I'm sure it's one of those add-ons that'd be heavily missed by members if I ever removed it!

Yet the 'related threads' etc sure wont.

Well done Stuart and Daniel. :) Keep up the good work.
  2. RichardGaspa
    RichardGaspa
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    Just installed this addon today and already getting great feedback from my member base. Easy to install and setup. I am using it as a sidebar on my site. Thanks for creating. I have been looking for an addon like this for a while.
    1. Stuart Wright
      Author's Response
      Glad you're happy with the add-on and your community is enjoying it. Thank you for the review.
  3. kontrabass
    kontrabass
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    Loving this add-on so far. Using the widget in sidebar to help reduce bounce rate for search traffic. The fact that this add-on can show top threads based on replies *per minute* and not simply number of replies, is key.
    1. Stuart Wright
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review. I'm glad you are enjoying the addon. Feel free to post any suggestions on how to improve it.
  4. Stuart Wright
    Stuart Wright
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    Daniel has thought of some great options here. Being able to add a widget into threads with the current forum and child forums as the source for the threads means there is more interesting stuff to show visitors when they hit your site in a thread from a search engine.
    Good job on this.
    1. Stuart Wright
      Author's Response
      Glad you're happy with the end result :)