• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Mark Threads Done

Mark Threads Done 1.0.1b

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Compatible XF 1.x versions
1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Additional requirements
php 5.4+
License
https://atelieraphelion.com/products/license-agreement
Updates duration
12 months ($10 yearly renewal + HST)
Visible branding
No
Update (2016 May 28th):
@Xon has taken over this @Daniel Hood's add-on. This product is now available for purchase again. For more information read this thread.

Let your users designate when their thread has ended. This add-on allows you to select, on a per node basis, a "done" prefix. If the user has permission to either mark their own thread done or any thread done, they'll see a link by the thread tools menu that allows them to "Mark As {prefix}". This automatically locks the thread and assigns the prefix to the one selected.
User Permissions
  • Mark thread by anyone done.
  • Mark thread by self done.
No defaults, please ensure permissions are setup for this add-on to be usable!

Admin Panel

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 2.45.40 AM.png

Check to allow the feature and select the "done" prefix.

User Functionality

If the user has permission to mark their own threads done and it's their thread, or they have permission to mark any thread done, then when viewing a thread. It'll appear like this:

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 2.46.25 AM.png

Once clicked, they will be prompted to confirm like this (the text is dynamic based on the prefix selected):

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 2.46.45 AM.png

Once confirmed, the thread will be locked and the prefix will be assigned:

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 2.46.58 AM.png

They can revert the change by Marking it as not done (phrasing is dependent on the prefix selected by the admin):

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 2.47.06 AM.png

This unlocks the thread and removes the prefix.

Installation

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or [#] Install and Upgrade to install this addon.

The original development cost of the add-on was funded by @Joeychgo.
Author
Xon
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. Bugfix release

Fix error on posting. Fix template modifications not applying.
  2. Maintenance update

Bugfix error when marking a thread as done when user has no permission(Thanks @NixFifty) Replace...
  3. Now under new management

I've taken over this add-on from @Daniel Hood, and it's now available on my site, Atelier...

Latest reviews

We have exerciselogs on our forums and this gives members the option to close it for x time without contacting a moderator.
I had this custom made for me and it works perfectly. Closes the thread and applies whichever thread prefix I specify, on a forum by forum basis. I use it to mark For Sale ads as SOLD.