[DigitalPoint] PWA

Beta [DigitalPoint] PWA 1.2.3

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Additional requirements
XenForo 2.2.13 (or higher)
License
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Visible branding
Yes
This addon adds a few things that I felt were missing from XenForo's PWA app:
  • If the user that is installing the PWA app is logged in, auto-log them into the PWA app (don't need to force users to log-in from scratch when they first load the installed app).
  • Use Sec-Fetch-Site header as replacement for CSRF with a fallback to CSRF if browser doesn't support Sec-Fetch-Site (prevent stale sessions from causing security error message)
  • Automatic refresh of badge counters when app is loaded/brought to front (this also applies to the site when being used in a normal browser)
  • Give more prominent push notification permission message when initially loading app (see screenshot for example)
  • Allow editing of of web app manifest JSON
  • Added ability to send push notices to users (Admin -> Communications -> Push users)
  • Adds option to enable debugging logging for things related to push notifications
  • Does some individually small things to try and keep push subscription records from being lost

1692146322421.png

IMG_5735.jpeg

1690300720932.png

Some things to note:
  • While this works in the testing I've done, I'm going to call it a beta for now. If there are any issues in setups different than my own, I'll address them as needed, but just to be safe, let's call it a beta for now.
  • In exchange for being free, this addon has a single attribution link buried on the bottom of XenForo's Help -> Privacy policy page (there are no site-wide or footer links).
Related resources
Security and Passkeys allows you to automatically extend two-step verification validity when the session is used (for example you could set it to automatically extend the validity by 30 days when the user comes to the site). This makes it so the user doesn't get logged-out/forced to enter TFA info again as long as they are using the app on a regular basis (if it was set to 30 days, they would need to renter TFA after not using it for 30 days).
Author
digitalpoint
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from digitalpoint

Latest updates

1. Handles Safari/iOS PWA's security requirements that push subscribe requires a user gesture

By default XenForo relies on a browser being willing to subscribe to push notifications if the...
  2. Removed dependency on jQuery

All JavaScript has been rewritten to be "native" (does not use jQuery) in preparation for...
  3. Compatibility fixes

PHP 8.1+ compatibility fix Requires XenForo 2.2.13+ Require a CSRF token for a user to use...

Latest reviews

Works really well and solves many of the stock/default issues XF has in their PWA addition to the system
It has a simple and effective way to send push notices to users from the admin panel, a powerful tool to keep my users updated and interested in my site. This addon is a must-have for anyone who wants to enhance their PWA app and grow their user base (or in my case, keep them updated)
Top Bottom