No permission to buy ($20.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.1
  2. 2.2
Updates duration
12 Months ($10 Yearly renewal)
Visible branding
No
This addon enables "chunked uploads" in XenForo and allows you to set a virtually higher maximum upload limit up to 128GB regardless of your server configuration.

Features
  • Option to define the chunk size of each upload. This value cannot be higher than the maximum upload file size reported by your server.
  • Option to define the number of simultaneous chunk uploads (up to 10)
  • Virtually increase the maximum attachment size up to 128GB (see limitations below)
  • Integrates seamlessly with the XenForo Attachment Manager
  • Easily upload 4K video directly to your forum
    • To increase your storage capabilities integrate a service such as Amazon AWS or Digital Ocean Spaces - Tutorial
    • For better video results it is recommended to use a video CDN such as Swarmify
  • Easily bypass Cloudflare's 100MB upload limit
How does it works?

The addon integrates seamlessly with the same library that XenForo uses for attachment uploads. Each time you upload a large file, it gets uploaded in small chunks. When all the chunks are uploaded, the addon rebuilds the final file and then feeds it to the regular XenForo uploading process.

The addon creates a temporary directory at internal_data/chunked_uploads to store the temporal chunks and rebuilt versions of the uploaded files. It enforces XenForo to use the local internal_data/ directory instead of the remote flysystem location, if applicable. This directory is pruned occasionally.

Instructions
  • Configure the addon under the Options > Attachments page.
  • If you need to increase your maximum attachment file size, choose a conservative value and make some upload tests to decide if it's a file size that works for your server. Increase it or decrease depending of your test results.

How to buy

The addon is $20 USD per site with a yearly renewal fee of $10. The payment process is very simple, use this PayPal.me link and once I receive your payment I will email the addon to your PayPal email address. Since this process is currently manual, it may take me from a few minutes to several hours to send the file. I will try my best to deliver the files as soon as possible after your payment.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Installation Service / AWS S3 / DigitalOcean Spaces / Swarmify / Chunked Uploads

If you would like me to configure your forum for a fully fledged video hosting solution, please get in touch with me.
  • Attachment storage in either AWS S3 / DigitalOcean Spaces / Backblaze B2
  • Swarmify integration for video transcoding and custom video player that matches your forum style
  • Chunked Upload license for one forum for 1GB+ video uploads.

The installation service for these three integration is $150 USD. Please use this PayPal.me link to purchase this service and start a conversation with me afterwards to beging your installation.

Note that there may be additional costs associated with third party services such as AWS, DigitalOcean, Backblaze and Swarmify. Please consult those sites to understand their pricing structure.

Limitations

READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE! Even though the maximum file size limit can be virtually increased beyond your server capabilities, there are timeout, storage and network limits that still apply to you. There are also a couple occasions where the XenForo Attachment Manager library is not used when uploading a file and thus, the enhancements of this addon are not enabled.

Don't abuse the upload limits to maintain the health of your server.
  • If you upload very large files, it may take several minutes and server memory to rebuild the attachment from the chunks. Increase those server settings as needed if you experience timeouts or server errors. Otherwise, decrease your maximum file size setting.
  • If you use an external service to store files, it will take a considerable extra amount of time to finish the uploading process. Increase your PHP and server maximum timeouts or adjust your maximum file size if you experience timeout errors.
  • If you use Cloudflare or other CDN providers, take into account the timeout limits imposed by them. Cloudflare has a hard timeout limit of 100 seconds. This means that if the final upload process takes more than 100 seconds, including rebuilding the attachment from the file chunks and sending it to S3 or Spaces if applicable, the process will timeout and you will get an error. However, your server might be able to finish the uploading process successfully in the background and you'll be able to see the uploaded file if you refresh your browser a few minutes later. Adjust your max file size settings accordingly to avoid errors.
  • This addon does not work when pasting files directly into the text area or when uploading avatars. The regular uploading process is used in those occasions.
  • For this addon to work with third party addons, those addons should integrate with the XenForo Attachment Manager.
Screenshots

Author
JulianD
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from JulianD

Latest updates

1. 1.0.2 - Support for XFMG

This small update adds support for the XenForo Media Gallery official addon. If you don't use...
  2. New! Simultaneous uploads

This new release has an option to setup up to 10 simultaneous chunk uploads.

Latest reviews

Thanks a lot for this great and neat addon. A must have for Cloudflare users. A must have for those using XMG and hosting lots of videos.
JulianD
JulianD
Thank you for you kind words!
Helps out significantly by making uploads snappier, while allowing us to get around the 100MB limit on uploads that CloudFlare imposes.
JulianD
JulianD
I'm glad you found it useful!
Still chugging along with no problems. 👍 Makes uploading large image files easier to manage, never had any issues reported by our members.
JulianD
JulianD
Thank you for your review
Top Bottom