Chunked Uploads - XF2

Chunked Uploads - XF2 [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)

JulianD

JulianD submitted a new resource:

Chunked Uploads - XF2 - Allows you to upload very large files even if your server doesn't allow it

This addon enables "chunked uploads" in XenForo and allows you to set a virtually higher maximum upload limit up to 128GB regardless of your server configuration.

Features
  • Option to define the chunk size of each upload. This value cannot be higher than the maximum upload file size reported by your server.
  • Virtually increase the maximum attachment size up to 128GB (see limitations below)
  • Integrates seamlessly with the XenForo Attachment Manager
  • Easily upload...

Read more about this resource...

Would this benefit (eg: help speed up uploading) smaller files under 50mb? To be specific, for a site that deals only with photo image attachments that are under 50mb (average maybe 5-15mb) would users on smaller pipelines see any performance increase or would any benefits not really apply unless really large files, like your 300mb example that would exceed the normal file size limits, are being used?

Would this benefit (eg: help speed up uploading) smaller files under 50mb? To be specific, for a site that deals only with photo image attachments that are under 50mb (average maybe 5-15mb) would users on smaller pipelines see any performance increase or would any benefits not really apply unless really large files, like your 300mb example that would exceed the normal file size limits, are being used?
Right now it doesn't represent a benefit speed wise but it is something that I might be able to explore by doing parallel uploads. I'll keep you updated if this is a possibility.

Right now it doesn't represent a benefit speed wise but it is something that I might be able to explore by doing parallel uploads. I'll keep you updated if this is a possibility.
Thanks :) On my VPS I already have the max file sizes (in XF & PHP) bumped up to a size that would exceed most photo sizes (even RAW images straight out of the camera) but the site in question has members spread across the globe and in some spots they don't get to enjoy high speed broadband connections.

Thanks :) On my VPS I already have the max file sizes (in XF & PHP) bumped up to a size that would exceed most photo sizes (even RAW images straight out of the camera) but the site in question has members spread across the globe and in some spots they don't get to enjoy high speed broadband connections.
I did a few test on my DigitalOcean server trying to upload a 60MB file with 3 simultaneous uploads and I couldn't notice an improvement of speed over the default setting. My guess is that as long as you're using your entire upstream there's no reason for more than one single upload. It could improve things for people with poor internet access.

I have released a new version anyways with a new option for simultaneous uploads. You can go from 1 up to 10 simultaneous uploads.

I have released a new version anyways with a new option for simultaneous uploads. You can go from 1 up to 10 simultaneous uploads.
PP sent. ;) I'm really curious to see how this would behave with a few other attachment related add-ons I'm using so some testing on my dev site is i order.

PP sent. ;) I'm really curious to see how this would behave with a few other attachment related add-ons I'm using so some testing on my dev site is i order.
Email sent. Let me know how it goes or if you have additional suggestions.

Will this work with the resources too?

Anyway, just paid as deffo after something like this, when will you send it?

Cheers
Mick

Will this work with the resources too?

Anyway, just paid as deffo after something like this, when will you send it?

Cheers
Mick

Hello, thanks for your purchase! I will send the addon in a few minutes. As long as the default XenForo upload framework is used (which the Resource Manager is probably using) to upload a file, then it should work. Just let me know if you have any problem.

Hi Jullian,

I am getting this error.

"The uploaded file is too large."

its a 450mb EXE file.

I have 1GB in KB (1000000) set so i'm not sure why it is doing that... however its like it does go all the way to do the upload. but then at the final moment the error pops up.

Cheers, looks a great add-on

EDIT:
this works on posts no problem but its not working on RESOURCES.

Last edited:
Hi Jullian,

I am getting this error.

"The uploaded file is too large."

its a 450mb EXE file.

I have 1GB in KB (1000000) set so i'm not sure why it is doing that... however its like it does go all the way to do the upload. but then at the final moment the error pops up.

Cheers, looks a great add-on

EDIT:
this works on posts no problem but its not working on RESOURCES.

Have you tried changing this option in the Resources setup section?

Screenshot_20200217-170401_Chrome.webp

Excellent spot, my bad was adjusting only attachments...

Thanks very much this is like the best add-on I have now. Saves so much messing about with PHP.INI etc

A client of ours got an error while uploading an image attachment, I've retried the same image and didn't get an error though, so may be some sort of edge case:

Screenshot_20201023-131023_XDA Developers.webp

A client of ours got an error while uploading an image attachment, I've retried the same image and didn't get an error though, so may be some sort of edge case:

View attachment 238449
Hey Jake!

I hope it was some temporary server hiccup. I'll try to debug it at my side with a few scenarios and see if I find something odd with the code. Let me know if it happens again and kindly provide any extra information you may have that might help me debug the problem.

Cheers!

Top Bottom