1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained AuthCaptcha: Spam Combat (FB, Google, Twitter Captcha) 1.0.1

Stop Bots Registering Via FaceBook/Google/Twitter

1. tenants
    This is included in Both

i) Free (Branded) Tac Anti Spam Collection
    ii) Paid (Unbranded) Tac Anti Spam Collection

If you've noticed a sudden trend of bots registering via FaceBook/Google/Twitter, then like me you might want to stop it quickly.

The FaceBook/Google/Twitter registration page is often neglected by many spam prevention techniques, making it an easy target for bots

This free plug-in simply adds your current CAPTCHA mechanism to the FaceBook/Google/Twitter Registration page

It's currently not recommend that you use reCaptcha (this is currently easily solved by bots),
    If you use CAPTCHA QA's, make sure they are good ones (that can't easily be googled)
    I recommend to use this with CustomImgCaptcha, but it is your choice to use this with your preferred CAPTCHA mechanism (keyCAPTCHA / are you human / etc)

• This should work with any CAPTCHA mechanism, and simply turns on the CAPTCHA mechanism for FaceBook/Google/Twitter Registrations
    Installation:
    • Upload this folder so that the contents goes into the library folder
    You should now have the following folder structure:
    yourforum.com/library/Tac/AuthCaptcha

Go to ACP -> Add-ons -> Install Add-on -> Install from file on server
    • Install from file on server: " library\Tac\AuthCaptcha\addon-tacAuthCaptha.xml"

Recent Updates

1. Facebook + Google + Twitter

Recent Reviews

1. Shiro
    Shiro
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    A great additional security step if your community allows social registrations. Considering the amount of malware that is able to create social media accounts and propagate, this is a necessary security step that should be implemented into the core of Xenforo.
  2. BassMan
    BassMan
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    Awesome! Thanks!
  3. Toxic
    Toxic
    5/5,
    Great feature for Facebook registration
  4. DRE
    DRE
    5/5,
    Thanks. Can you make one for twitter and google sign in too?
    1. tenants
      Author's Response
      That's not my plugin, and it's not core functionality. You can ask the owner of that plugin to include this (I'm fine with the functionality of this plugin to be copied)
  5. Non Guru
    Non Guru
    4/5,
    Thanks - Good Stuff