Mike
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, great work over the years on the software, server I work with has it and it's just amazing!
    Don't know if you or @Chris D made the announcement, but in the XenForo 1.4.9 Released thread, I noticed the template profile_post_ip wasn't listed under the templates changed section (in regard to my bug report). Just curious if it didn't make it in time for 1.4.9 and it will be in 1.4.10 (or whatever's next), if you or Chris just forgot to add it, or if minor things like that aren't listed. :)
    Shame to hear about Jules Bianchi's passing. :(
    Lisa
    Lisa
    It was an horrific accident, I was kinda hoping this long after it he was going to pull through :( Took me back to when Senna crashed. So sad.
    Reactions: Amaury
    Amaury
    Amaury
    Had to look him up on Wikipedia. RIP.

While I didn't know of him, like Lisa said, you'd think after a few months short of a year, he'd be okay, but sadly not. Although to basically fight death for as long as he did was pretty awesome.
    XFA
    XFA
    F1 is a dangerous sport... :(
    Geez, Mike. You're shooting me down on a lot lately, aren't you? (But nah, I completely understand. :P)
    Please be aware that self-promotion of any XF related services, sites, etc is no longer allowed in profile posts. (See rule #17.)
    AdamD
    AdamD
    Never understood how people have the gall to promote their business on their public profile post, which is basically a personal status update, not a self promotion thing.
    I think we all agree hosting and other services dedicated to Xenforo are a great thing overall, but there's a time and place for such advertising. As Sandman said, it's the minority yet again who ruin it for the rest.
    Liam W
    Liam W
    @AdamH yes, but some services are a personal thing. I do all my services under my name, using my personal PayPal. I don't run a business.
    Daniel Hood
    Daniel Hood
    It may not be "a business" but it's still business. You're getting compensation for a task you wouldn't be doing otherwise.
    Hello can you pm me pls
    Mike
    Mike
    If you have any questions, please post in the forums. If there's anything you don't want public, please use the "contact us" link.
    Curious: What are the technical differences between something being not a bug and something being as designed? Just asking because it looks like the two can often, if not always, go hand-in-hand, so how do you choose which one to use?

For example, my just closed bug report is something that's as designed, and it's consequently something that's also not a bug.
    Mike
    Mike
    "As Designed" roughly means that what you reported is correct and it's expected. "Not a Bug" could indicate that what was explained wasn't related to XF (eg, from an add-on) or an incorrect explanation.

There is overlap though so they do go hand-in-hand.
    Amaury
    Amaury
    Ah, gotcha. Thank you, Mike.

"Won't Fix" probably falls into the same category, then, as well.
    Is the rebuildMaxExecution default supposed to be 8? The manual says the default is 10...
    Mike
    Mike
    I'll updated the manual, but 8 is correct.
    Happy New Year Mike. Thanks for all the responses to the support tickets over the years -- and for creating the best forum software there is bar none. You are always so kind even when being asked stupid questions. Best wishes, Markku
    I missed your birthday yesterday... Well, happy birthday yesterday. I know no-one wants reminding that they're getting older, but still...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom