Resource icon

XF QapTcha 1.1

No permission to download
FORUM ROOT /js/qaptcha/

Upload the following files replacing the older ones.

This basically adds the original missing files js files from this jQuery plug-in found here.
http://www.myjqueryplugins.com/jquery-plugin/qaptcha

(except it excludes jQuery as XenForo already has its own copy and the css file)

This seems to have worked for me

Finally got around to doing this on my dev site and no go. Not with chrome or firefox.

Upgraded my live site to 1.2 and it works there. I'm wondering if it's because registration is turned off on the dev site. *shrugs* works where it matters.

Hi!

Nice looking captcha, but I'm getting spam emails through my contact form since I've installed this. Are there any extra configurations?

Before that I was using Q&A captcha and there were no spam emails through contact form.

I would really like to use this add-on, but with often spam emails...

Hi!

Nice looking captcha, but I'm getting spam emails through my contact form since I've installed this. Are there any extra configurations?

Before that I was using Q&A captcha and there were no spam emails through contact form.

I would really like to use this add-on, but with often spam emails...
Log out of your site and verify that you see QapTcha on your contact us forum (from a guest view).

Make sure you've uploaded all the files in the right place.

If not, make sure you have indeed installed the add-on & not just uploaded the files.

And if you still can't see it, contact your style developer.... I've seen 1 or 2 customized styles where some tweaking was required.

Log out of your site and verify that you see QapTcha on your contact us forum (from a guest view).

Make sure you've uploaded all the files in the right place.

If not, make sure you have indeed installed the add-on & not just uploaded the files.

And if you still can't see it, contact your style developer.... I've seen 1 or 2 customized styles where some tweaking was required.
Hi!

I can see the QapTcha, that is not the problem and it is working (need to add some fix: XF QapTcha), but I'm getting lot's of spam on my email when using this. I enabled Q&A captcha system again and there is no spam.

But I would really like to use this QapTcha.

Hi!

I can see the QapTcha, that is not the problem and it is working (need to add some fix: XF QapTcha), but I'm getting lot's of spam on my email when using this. I enabled Q&A captcha system again and there is no spam.

But I would really like to use this QapTcha.
Sounds like your have human spam. Spam bots don't know how to click and slide. For human spam you want to add with this add-on an anti-spam add-on

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-stop-spam-here.1086/

This is what I use.

Again, you want an anti-spam add-on used with this.

(There are people living in Russia, you know)
:) I know people are in Russia too, I didn't mean that... It's just weird to me it is a human spammer. Sorry, don't know how to explain.

Well, if I need to use extra add-on with this QapTcha to not getting spam, then I'm not satisfied. Because if I use Q&A captcha it is ok.

:) I know people are in Russia too, I didn't mean that... It's just weird to me it is a human spammer. Sorry, don't know how to explain.

Well, if I need to use extra add-on with this QapTcha to not getting spam, then I'm not satisfied. Because if I use Q&A captcha it is ok.
Your personal choice. But Q&A (Question an Answers) never worked for me. Always had to keep changing those because after time the bots would know the answers.

I believe it is good practice to use an anti-spam add-on with any capatch type system, even if you're using Q&A.

Top Bottom