Resource icon

XF QapTcha 1.1

No permission to download
XenForo 1.2 Update

This is easier....

This basically included my patch with the other files already included. Thus removing the need to download both.

I've sent a PM to @serene requesting if she will allow me to "take over" this add-on as I've not seen her update it.

Attachments

Your personal choice. But Q&A (Question an Answers) never worked for me. Always had to keep changing those because after time the bots would know the answers.

I believe it is good practice to use an anti-spam add-on with any capatch type system, even if you're using Q&A.

Thank you for your explanation. Didn't know that, so I'll rethink it.

XenForo 1.2 Update

This is easier....

This basically included my patch with the other files already included. Thus removing the need to download both.

I've sent a PM to @serene requesting if she will allow me to "take over" this add-on as I've not seen her update it.
Sorry, what is the diference between this add-on and your patch here? And should I uninstall this one I have now?

Btw, it's weird that I only get spam via contact form and NO spam via registrations. That's why this is funny to me.

XenForo 1.2 Update

This is easier....

Hi Adam,

This fix works perfectly!! Tested it on all browsers - Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.

Glad I could finally install this again. Was a bit hesitant about installing the first fix as there were a few issues.

Thanks,

Sorry, what is the diference between this add-on and your patch here? And should I uninstall this one I have now?

Btw, it's weird that I only get spam via contact form and NO spam via registrations. That's why this is funny to me.
If you already have it installed, simply overwrite the files. No need to re-install as no edit was made to the xml file.

Hi Adam,

This fix works perfectly!! Tested it on all browsers - Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.

Glad I could finally install this again. Was a bit hesitant about installing the first fix as there were a few issues.

Thanks,
You're very welcome & I'm glad its working for you now :)

This is one of my favorite add-ons here on XF. It's been a month since using it, and I have 100% success.
No need to configure all these crazy StopForumSpam built in stuff, and make your users answer stupid questions (which are annoying in my opinion). This is just brilliant add-on, I have nothing else to say.

Hm, I'm still getting lot's of spam via contact us form to ma email. It's really annoying. And it's really wierd that I don't get any fake registrations!

I don't think it's a human spammer...

Hm, I'm still getting lot's of spam via contact us form to ma email. It's really annoying. And it's really wierd that I don't get any fake registrations!

I don't think it's a human spammer...
No captcha is fool proof without an anti-spam add-on. XenForo 1.2 has Stop Forum Spam built in, have you tried activating it?

AdminCP > Options > User Registration

If you do, odds are good that it is human spam & you really should add another anti-spam add-on.

(If you don't like this add-on, don't use it.)

Note: No further support will be given without having an anti-spam add-on.

No captcha is fool proof without an anti-spam add-on. XenForo 1.2 has Stop Forum Spam built in, have you tried activating it?

AdminCP > Options > User Registration

If you do, odds are good that it is human spam & you really should add another anti-spam add-on.

(If you don't like this add-on, don't use it.)

Note: No further support will be given without having an anti-spam add-on.
Ok, I hope I'll find a solution.

Sorry for being annoying...

Hi

i have tis bug

ErrorException: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) - library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php:9

Hi

i have tis bug

ErrorException: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) - library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php:9
This looks like a hosting issue ....
opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied

Since Friday I have been getting this error.

Code:
ErrorException: session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'mm' - session startup failed - library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php:9
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/joystickr...', 9, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php(9): session_start()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): QapTcha_ControllerPublic_Index->actionPost()
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://mysite.com/index.php?qaptcha/post"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["qaptcha/post"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["action"] => string(7) "qaptcha"
  }
}

Since Friday I have been getting this error.

Code:
ErrorException: session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'mm' - session startup failed - library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php:9
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/joystickr...', 9, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php(9): session_start()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): QapTcha_ControllerPublic_Index->actionPost()
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://mysite.com/index.php?qaptcha/post"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["qaptcha/post"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["action"] => string(7) "qaptcha"
  }
}
This error is not due to this add-on.

Earlier you reported a 403 error (which is general "forbidden" server error). (link to source)

Now your error

session_start(): Cannot find save handler 'mm' - session startup failed

Suggest a php configuration issue (usually cache issue).

Contact your host.

Earlier I said I have no host. ;)

So this mod only works if PHP is specifically set to save sessions as files. It does not work if it's set to memory or user defined.

Earlier I said I have no host. ;)

So this mod only works if PHP is specifically set to save sessions as files. It does not work if it's set to memory or user defined.
If you are your own host, your configuration is flawed. The add-on is working fine and you're the only one reporting your own problems.

If you do not like the add-on, uninstall it.

It works fine with systems using cache in memory including APC, uAPC, and xCache.

Well don't get your panties in a wad. Nobody said anything about not liking the add-on. I'm merely reporting my experience. If you set PHP to store sessions as files it works. If you set it otherwise it doesn't. And I am using xcache and that's what is set in config.php. So take a chill pill. It's not even your mod.

Well don't get your panties in a wad. Nobody said anything about not liking the add-on. I'm merely reporting my experience. If you set PHP to store sessions as files it works. If you set it otherwise it doesn't. And I am using xcache and that's what is set in config.php. So take a chill pill. It's not even your mod.
I'll repeat my original statement.... It does work with xCache (and APC and uAPC).

And I'm only pointing out that there must be something wrong with your configuration. As this add-on does work with cache (both file or memory).

My message is not to attack you, but to inform you that the problem lies else where. And you seem to be ignoring that fact.

And I am only pointing out that this addon does not work when you change that PHP setting. XenForo does work however, so this addon is obviously missing something. If you can't accept that then just put me on ignore.

And I am only pointing out that this addon does not work when you change that PHP setting. XenForo does work however, so this addon is obviously missing something. If you can't accept that then just put me on ignore.
And I'm telling you in an effort to help you, that this add-on DOES work just fine when using cache in memory. Adding cache setting in config.php does not affect this add-on as you claim.

I'm using it myself (SociallyUncensored.eu) and so are several other individuals.

I'm trying to help. Why you seem to see this as an attack or something personal is beyond me. And while this hasn't been officially my add-on, the developer has not updated it or supported it, and I have been kind enough to do so (link)

If you can not accept that, you can take your own advise and ignore me.

Top Bottom