Resource icon

XF QapTcha 1.1

No permission to download
The PHP setting for storing sessions is not the same as the xenforo setting in config.php. If you don't understand it's simply because you don't understand.

The PHP setting for storing sessions is not the same as the xenforo setting in config.php. If you don't understand it's simply because you don't understand.
I am only quoting what you have said.

And I am using xcache and that's what is set in config.php.

As for php setting, your setting maybe unique or improperly configured.

If you don't understand it's simply because you don't understand.

XenForo 1.2 Update

This is easier....

This basically included my patch with the other files already included. Thus removing the need to download both.

I've sent a PM to @serene requesting if she will allow me to "take over" this add-on as I've not seen her update it.

Has anyone tried this with 1.2.1 using Adam Howard's download?

I get this error:

Error
Please enter a valid callback method (QapTcha_Captcha_Render::captcha_render).​

Has anyone tried this with 1.2.1 using Adam Howard's download?

I get this error:

Error
Please enter a valid callback method (QapTcha_Captcha_Render::captcha_render).​
As @MikeMpls has point out (thank you), you need to upload the files in your forum's root.

A common mistake many new people do is they upload the upload folder. You want upload the contents found inside the upload folder & not the folder named upload its self. ;)

I did that the first time.

After upgrading 1.1.2 --> 1.2.1 (including 4 other addons) last night, I do have that much of it down.

The problem was permissions.

Most addons use 755 for directory permissions, QapTcha uses 700. This prevents the callback function from being found when you install the files logged in as root. The XML file was executed under the forum's actual account, which had no access to the directories.

So now maybe I can get those pesky spammies to completely disappear again. :D

It's worth noting that except for a couple profile spammers, Akismet kept the rubbish from actually being visible to anyone other than myself.

Most addons use 755 for directory permissions, QapTcha uses 700. This prevents the callback function from being found when you install the files logged in as root. The XML file was executed under the forum's actual account, which had no access to the directories.

It's worth noting that except for a couple profile spammers, Akismet kept the rubbish from actually being visible to anyone other than myself.
QapTcha has nothing to do with server side permissions

chmod.webp

As you can see in my screen shot, I'm using the normal 755. And it is working without issue on my site

http://www.SociallyUncensored.eu/forums

And it has nothing to do with QapTcha functionality.

The problem is that the permissions in the unzipped directories were 700.

I did not unzip in Windows and FTP the file hierarchy to the server. I uploaded the zipped files & unzipped on the server. All of the directories ended up with 700 permissions. When the files were copied to the forum's file hierarchy ( /bin/cp -fr * ../../ ), any directories that did not already exist retained those 700 permissions.

If you try to install the addon with those 700 directory permissions on files owned by "root", the files in those directories cannot be found.

In the last 24 hours I have followed identical procedures with several other addons (XenTag, BB Code Manager, Sitemap, Xenique Framework). All went smoothly; only the QapTcha installation hiccuped.

And it has nothing to do with QapTcha functionality.

The problem is that the permissions in the unzipped directories were 700.

I did not unzip in Windows and FTP the file hierarchy to the server. I uploaded the zipped files & unzipped on the server. All of the directories ended up with 700 permissions. When the files were copied to the forum's file hierarchy ( /bin/cp -fr * ../../ ), any directories that did not already exist retained those 700 permissions.

If you try to install the addon with those 700 directory permissions on files owned by "root", the files in those directories cannot be found.

In the last 24 hours I have followed identical procedures with several other addons (XenTag, BB Code Manager, Sitemap, Xenique Framework). All went smoothly; only the QapTcha installation hiccuped.
The zip file and its contents do not contain any permissions.

But whatever the case... I'm glad it's working for you :)

@Adam Howard I too experienced the same (very similar) issue - http://xenforo.com/community/thread...trider-library-xenforo-application-php.62476/ - and had to do a "chmod -R 755 upload/*" to stop my forum immediately breaking when applying these files.

That would be an Apple (Mac OS X) issue and I can't control what your Apple does to the files when you extract it.
Negative, it the contents of the .zip and how it was created.
FYI ...

Code:
phantom:tmp jason$ mkdir QapTcha
phantom:tmp jason$ cd QapTcha/
phantom:QapTcha jason$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 jason  wheel  68  2 Nov 22:28 .
drwxrwxrwt  11 root  wheel  374  2 Nov 22:28 ..
phantom:QapTcha jason$ unzip ~/Downloads/QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1.zip
Archive:  /Users/jason/Downloads/QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1.zip
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/addon-qaptcha.xml
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/QapTcha.jquery.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/QapTcha.jquery.min.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/jquery-ui.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/jquery.ui.touch.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/qaptcha.js
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Captcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Captcha/Render.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php 
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/Prefix/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/Prefix/QapTcha.php 
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/Captcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/Captcha/QapTcha.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/qaptcha/
extracting: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/qaptcha/sprites.png
phantom:QapTcha jason$ cd QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/
phantom:QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1 jason$ ls -la
total 8
drwxrwxr-x@ 4 jason  wheel  136 25 Aug 07:25 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 jason  wheel  102  2 Nov 22:29 ..
-rw-rw-r--@ 1 jason  wheel  3295 17 Nov  2012 addon-qaptcha.xml
drwx------@ 5 jason  wheel  170 25 Aug 07:25 upload
phantom:QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1 jason$

2nd last line showing the permissions on the upload directory

If you don't want to repack/reissue the .zip that's fine ... just alerting everyone of the problems it poses. And since it's not just me, then obviously there is an issue with this .zip as from 22 other add-on .zip's there has not been a similar issue

Negative, it the contents of the .zip and how it was created.
FYI ...

Code:
phantom:tmp jason$ mkdir QapTcha
phantom:tmp jason$ cd QapTcha/
phantom:QapTcha jason$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 jason  wheel  68  2 Nov 22:28 .
drwxrwxrwt  11 root  wheel  374  2 Nov 22:28 ..
phantom:QapTcha jason$ unzip ~/Downloads/QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1.zip
Archive:  /Users/jason/Downloads/QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1.zip
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/addon-qaptcha.xml
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/QapTcha.jquery.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/QapTcha.jquery.min.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/jquery-ui.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/jquery.ui.touch.js
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/js/qaptcha/qaptcha.js
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Captcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Captcha/Render.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/ControllerPublic/Index.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/Prefix/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/QapTcha/Route/Prefix/QapTcha.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/Captcha/
  inflating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/library/XenForo/Captcha/QapTcha.php
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/
  creating: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/qaptcha/
extracting: QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/upload/styles/default/qaptcha/sprites.png
phantom:QapTcha jason$ cd QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1/
phantom:QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1 jason$ ls -la
total 8
drwxrwxr-x@ 4 jason  wheel  136 25 Aug 07:25 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 jason  wheel  102  2 Nov 22:29 ..
-rw-rw-r--@ 1 jason  wheel  3295 17 Nov  2012 addon-qaptcha.xml
drwx------@ 5 jason  wheel  170 25 Aug 07:25 upload
phantom:QapTcha_XenForo_1.2_Adam_v1 jason$

2nd last line showing the permissions on the upload directory

If you don't want to repack/reissue the .zip that's fine ... just alerting everyone of the problems it poses. And since it's not just me, then obviously there is an issue with this .zip as from 22 other add-on .zip's there has not been a similar issue
:rolleyes:

Zip file works fine on...

• Windows XP
  • Windows Vists
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Debian Linux
  • Ubuntu Linux
  • Mint Linux
  • CentOS Linux
  • Cloud Linux
  • Red Hat
  • Fedora Linux

..... Yes, definitely an Apple issue.

Stand by..... As soon as I find a video program, I will even screen capture how this file works.

edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Stand by..... As soon as I find a video program, I will even screen capture how this file works.

*YAWN* Don't bother, I'm not interested. Simply pointing out a problem with your .zip file that does not, and has never before, existed with any other add-on zip archives. And more than myself experienced it. If you want to turn it into a pissing contest on OS's then it's your thread, so knock yourself out.

headinsand.png

Can anyone provide a fix so this WILL work on a Mac? For the first time in 3 years I'm getting spam thru the contact form.
Thanks

Top Bottom