• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have the default xenforo skin, so its literally fresh i just have a load of other add ons (some of which, also don't work without warning).

so far no problem i been using this since day one and i am loving it
one suggestion:
is it possible for the template hooker to place this widget as the first one instead of the last i like to have the option to place it wherever i like ;)

Awesome. Just what we needed.
Many thanks!

Oh, and is it possible to integrate censor in recent statuses? Now its now filtering like in other entire forum.

Working on this today while I watch the Bears game...things coming:

• Better template as suggested in the thread here
  • caching
  • Ajax update of the widget when you update your status
  • compatible with widget framework
  • choice of position in the sidebar using the different positions available now
  • I've also finally found the bug with why it doesn't work to find the right path on some forums
I'll ask for some testers a bit later on when it's ready but it's working well :D

Working on this today while I watch the Bears game...things coming:

• Better template as suggested in the thread here
  • caching
  • Ajax update of the widget when you update your status
  • compatible with widget framework
  • choice of position in the sidebar using the different positions available now
  • I've also finally found the bug with why it doesn't work to find the right path on some forums
I'll ask for some testers a bit later on when it's ready but it's working well :D
Could you include a post count limit, or throphy points limit, to prevent spammers and other abusers?
Also there is still no censoring support - anything writed in status get censored in profile view, but not in sidebar.

I didn't have this mod installed, and the first one I see available in the first post is 3.1.1. I tried installing it and got "Please enter a valid callback method." Error. Do I need 3.0.0 to make this work? I'm on Xenforo 1.0.4.

Could you include a post count limit, or throphy points limit, to prevent spammers and other abusers?
Also there is still no censoring support - anything writed in status get censored in profile view, but not in sidebar.
I'll take a look at both of these, there may be another method I can call the status so that this gets checked.

I didn't have this mod installed, and the first one I see available in the first post is 3.1.1. I tried installing it and got "Please enter a valid callback method." Error. Do I need 3.0.0 to make this work? I'm on Xenforo 1.0.4.
You shouldn't need an earlier version in order to install the mod, I just tested installing it on a fresh install and it worked fine. Are you able to install other addons?

I am able to install other addons and I have several installed.

I upload the .xml file to my root directory and it is able to find it when I type in the name.

When I unzip the package to a folder on my desktop, I get the following file structure in that folder RecentStatus/Upload/library

The contents of the Upload folder there, (namely, the library folder) should be copied into Xenforo_root/upload directory on my server, yes? This is how I've done it with other addons.

Also, when I unzip the package to the folder on my desktop, there is a __MACOSX folder. I imagine I don't need this and that you're developing on a Mac. ;)

Edit: just tried this again and getting same error. :(

I am able to install other addons and I have several installed.

I upload the .xml file to my root directory and it is able to find it when I type in the name.

When I unzip the package to a folder on my desktop, I get the following file structure in that folder RecentStatus/Upload/library

The contents of the Upload folder there, (namely, the library folder) should be copied into Xenforo_root/upload directory on my server, yes? This is how I've done it with other addons.

Also, when I unzip the package to the folder on my desktop, there is a __MACOSX folder. I imagine I don't need this and that you're developing on a Mac. ;)

Edit: just tried this again and getting same error. :(
Correct you don't need the __MACOSX Folder I forgot to strip it on that release ;) Sorry about that

So under your library folder you now have RecentStatus correct? and inside of it you have 3 folders Controller, Listener and Model with files in each of them?

Also have you tried installing it by using the browse option for the .xml file on your local machine?

Correct you don't need the __MACOSX Folder I forgot to strip it on that release ;) Sorry about that

So under your library folder you now have RecentStatus correct? and inside of it you have 3 folders Controller, Listener and Model with files in each of them?

Also have you tried installing it by using the browse option for the .xml file on your local machine?

Yes, it's as you describe. Upload/library/RecentStatus is there and it contains the three folders you describe. I've tried both uploading the XML and installing on the server and uploading the XML straight from my desktop.

I'm going to guess there's a namespace of function name conflict with one of my other mods. I wonder if anyone else has problems with 1.0.4.

Yes, it's as you describe. Upload/library/RecentStatus is there and it contains the three folders you describe. I've tried both uploading the XML and installing on the server and uploading the XML straight from my desktop.

I'm going to guess there's a namespace of function name conflict with one of my other mods. I wonder if anyone else has problems with 1.0.4.
Wait is it in a folder named Upload or in the root of your Xenforo folder?

Otherwise if you want I'd be willing to take a look at your installation for you. Toss me a PM if you do.

The first screenshot shows the xenforo root directory on the server.

The second one shows the folder I unzipped it to on my desktop.

Controller has 1 php file, listener has 2 and model has 1.

Screenshot.webpScreenshot-2.webp

edit: noticed it was a funky green color there unlike the others. I will change permissions to see if this works.

edit 2: nope, still same problem.

edit 2: nope, still same problem.

In your library folder edit config.php and add this if you don't have it here yet:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

Go to our Admin Control Panel->Development Tab->Code Event Listeners->RecentStatusList->load_class_controller

What does it say Execute Callback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom