• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is. If I say "****" (starts with f, ends in uck) in a post or in a status update (viewed on the profile), it will be censored. XenForo has some of that stuff built-in already.

But good work on caching the status updates. That was a good idea.
I'll check out what I need to do to hook into that functionality.

Okay, I've installed the mod - but have an odd formatting issue with comments - they aren't retaining the left-hand padding once they span below the avatar and are wrapping right across to the left breaking the layout:

new-cc-status-wrap.webp

Any idea on how to resolve this please?

PS. Can be seen on my test site here: http://www.cyclechat.net/ newccxf (<- remove the space - I don't want Google tromping all over it ... (y) )

Thanks,
Shaun :D

It's displaying fine for me in Chrome, FF and IE.

Really? Hmmm. It's displaying incorrectly for both IE and FF for me.

Can you try expanding the comments under Lana's status update and post a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks,

It's displaying fine for me in Chrome, FF and IE.
I can confirm this, :cool:
Tested with the latest versions of FireFox and Chrome. Not too sure which version of IE I have at the moment. You know how it is, :sneaky: ( & I hate opening up IE )

Try this code out and see if it fixes it.

In the RCBD_recent_status template on your master style find this:
Code:
                                    <div class="userTitle">{$usercomment.status}</div>

Replace it with this:
Code:
                                    <div class="userTitle" style="margin-left: 43px;">{$usercomment.status}</div>

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 7.12.11 PM.webp

Excellent mod - thanks very much ... I'm sure my members will appreciate it when we migrate from IPB. (y)

I'll check out what I need to do to hook into that functionality.

I do have one concern when my board gets extremely busy. Will it be checking to see if there are new posts every time? Would it be smarter to have the recent status cache update on a set time period? To me it seems like it would be nice to set it to update the recent status cache every 15 minutes. This would also prevent people from using it as a shout board (something I can see happening on my site).

I do have one concern when my board gets extremely busy. Will it be checking to see if there are new posts every time? Would it be smarter to have the recent status cache update on a set time period? To me it seems like it would be nice to set it to update the recent status cache every 15 minutes. This would also prevent people from using it as a shout board (something I can see happening on my site).
No it doesn't check every time that's why I put caching in the most recent version. It only updates the cache when a new status or comment is posted, and it only does that the first time it's checked, other than that it pulls it from the cache. So if someone updates their status, and then 10 people check the forum home, only the first one will run queries, the rest will be pulled from cache until the next time someone updates their status.

One thing I noticed when adding a comment from the status bar, it doesn't refresh the forums homepage. Is this intentional?

Oh, and another issue my testers have complained about (and apologies for not reading the whole thread to research it) - they find it very frustrating having to click on someone's username, click "Profile" on the usercard, and then click "Comment" on the profile page in order to reply to someone's status update.

Any plans to add a direct "Comment" button into the sidebar for each status update?

Cheers,

Oh, and another issue my testers have complained about (and apologies for not reading the whole thread to research it) - they find it very frustrating having to click on someone's username, click "Profile" on the usercard, and then click "Comment" on the profile page in order to reply to someone's status update.

Any plans to add a direct "Comment" button into the sidebar for each status update?

Cheers,
I'd have to look at it and see if there is an easy way to do this without having a seperate comment link for each, it might be possible to do an ajax popup and do it. Let me look at it.

Cheers,

I agree!

How about changing the Username link so that clicking it opens up the comment window below?

Or maybe have a small icon next to the username to initiate a comment?

Ideally I think you want all the sidebar commenting functionality to remain in the sidebar, not send you off elsewhere to respond/manage it.

Oh, and if you don't mind me adding to your to-do list (sorry) - a Delete Comment facility for mods/admins?

<Runs and hides now ... > :ROFLMAO:

Thanks - BTW - it's a great add-on and my test team have already got stuck in to using it ... (y)

Cheers,

How about changing the Username link so that clicking it opens up the comment window below?

Or maybe have a small icon next to the username to initiate a comment?

Ideally I think you want all the sidebar commenting functionality to remain in the sidebar, not send you off elsewhere to respond/manage it.

Oh, and if you don't mind me adding to your to-do list (sorry) - a Delete Comment facility for mods/admins?

<Runs and hides now ... > :ROFLMAO:

Thanks - BTW - it's a great add-on and my test team have already got stuck in to using it ... (y)

Cheers,
This honestly is really meant as a widget, what I might do for the mod/admin functionality is make it link directly to that comment on the profile. I'll look at some options for making comments from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom