• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambua

RecentStatus.webp
This was from a request thread and I thought it would be a good addon to cut my teeth on so to speak with the XenForo framework.

It adds a sidebar block that shows the most recent status updates. The number of updates shown is editable from the ACP.

If you have any questions, concerns, or bugs please post them.

I hope you enjoy it :D

Updated to version 4.0.0

Changelog:
  • Entries are cached, it only rebuilds the cache when a new status or comment is created
  • Styling changes implemented from suggestions in the thread
  • Re positioned the Status update so that it flows with the widget better
  • Cached all templates to reduce db calls
  • Corrected issues with file paths
  • All text is phrased now
I know this update has been a long time coming but I hope it's worth it, the number of database calls on page reloads has been reduced by 6, the caching should in the long run help a lot on this.

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM A VERSION PREVIOUS TO 4.0.0:
You must first uninstall the RecentStatus addon and delete the RecentStatus folder from within your library.

TO INSTALL:
Download RCBDRecentStatus_4_0_1.zip from the first post, upload the upload directory to your forum root, then go to ACP->Install Addon->Choose File->Select the xml file from the download and click Install

Coming in version 4.1.0:
  • Ajax updating of the sidebar, I had a problem with this and didn't want to hold up the release, I'm close though
  • Position the sidebar block at the top or bottom
  • Choose location of the status update portion

Attachments

• RecentStatusOptions.webp
    RecentStatusOptions.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 364
  • RecentStatusNoStatusFound.webp
    RecentStatusNoStatusFound.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 255
  • recentStatusComment.webp
    recentStatusComment.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 251
  • recentStatusComments2.webp
    recentStatusComments2.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 245
  • recentStatusNewOptions.webp
    recentStatusNewOptions.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 200
  • RCBDRecentStatus_4_0_2.zip
    RCBDRecentStatus_4_0_2.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 98
Going to have an update for this as well, going to add some more options in, like whether to show duplicate updates if someone has 2 in the last X updates, and also a slimmer version of it as well.

If the updates are long will they wrap? Or will you see ...
Currently they wrap, the one in the screenshot below is a max length one. I could add some options to have it wrap or just concatenate it. It wouldn't be that hard.

Attachments

• RecentStatusWrap.webp
    RecentStatusWrap.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 182
Nice.

I have one proposition..
1ca8bb744b2f.jpg

Add a field in which the user can specify their status

P.S. Sorry, I'm a bad painter

Good grief. The sidebar will end up being longer than the forums if you keep adding to it. :p

I agree with you which is why I would vote that it not become a 'All in One mod' Each mod should be separate for the Admin can pick and choose what they want to run.

I like all the suggestions: Recent Status, Recent activity or Latest posts but keep them separate please.

Jamie

Installed and Lovin' it! Thank you very much for this mod - I like anything that attracts people to each others personal data streams

Good grief. The sidebar will end up being longer than the forums if you keep adding to it. :p
I agree with you which is why I would vote that it not become a 'All in One mod' Each mod should be separate for the Admin can pick and choose what they want to run.

I like all the suggestions: Recent Status, Recent activity or Latest posts but keep them separate please.

Jamie

What i meant is all in one mod. at the same time you are able to en/disable and minmize the number of x you want show.
thank you all for sharing

What i meant is all in one mod. at the same time you are able to en/disable and minmize the number of x you want show.
thank you all for sharing

Ah, then that sounds like a winner.. :) Making it optional with toggles sounds like a great way to go.

Jamie

I think what I may actually do is keep it as separate addons but make them semi aware of each other so that you only need one template entry on the forum_list and it will add any of my sidebar addons that are enabled there automatically. Hopefully once we get some type of template hooks we can remove that template edit completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom