XF 1.5 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to email@live.com failed. Connection timed out.

TDUBS

Hello,

I have been receiving the error:
Code:
 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to email@live.com failed: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('tcp://alpha.xzn...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999978542328)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "http://www.mydomain.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/index.php?conversations/i-want-u.1782/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Sometimes where the _xfRequestUri string is, it'll be a thread URL rather than whats shown above and it'll say the error has been generated by Unknown Account. I also get ones with the url string:
Code:
http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?account-confirmation/resend

I use an external SMTP mail server which is through my cPanel hosting. I tested account registration and received a confirmation email fine but I believe it still showed up in my server error logs similar to whats described as above.

Thanks!

Well this is saying that the connection to your SMTP server is timing out. It shouldn't have sent the email in that case.

This would normally be a networking/connection issue. You'd need to contact your host regarding it.

Well this is saying that the connection to your SMTP server is timing out. It shouldn't have sent the email in that case.

This would normally be a networking/connection issue. You'd need to contact your host regarding it.

I sorted it. I think it was because I had the encryption set to nothing on the cPanel email settings when it should have been TLS. I haven't gotten the errors for over a few hours now.

Top Bottom