Zend server installation

Trombones13

Is anyone here using the free Zend Server Community Edition for their XF server? If so, could you explain how to get from downloading the XF files to accessing your site? The few people I've talked to so far and I have had problems. Thanks!

Altight
Let's see what else ....

go to control panel ---> uninstall programs

then look for php and click change.
Select all of the extensions available install them

In the mean time, let me install xenforo on my local machine, and see this for myself

Dies at 'Rebuilding core master data ...'

windowz is hell of a mess :D unfortunately.

I'm a windows guy though despite its problems :D I don't want to suggest a clean fresh windows install.
but if you can do it ---------> do it :D

Sometimes it takes less time and headaches than trying to figure out the mishap

windowz is hell of a mess :D unfortunately.

I'm a windows guy though despite its problems :D I don't want to suggest a clean fresh windows install.
but if you can do it ---------> do it :D

Sometimes it takes less time and headaches than trying to figure out the mishap

Well, I'm doing this on my home PC but the same exact error and location where it fails on my production webserver, IIS7. Don't think this is install related. When you feed this recursive function, you'll get the same error:

PHP:
<?php
function a() { a(); }
a();
 ?>

This bug is discussed here although this dates back a few years:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27946

I think in step 2b (or 2) of the install script has this kind of recursion is happening leading to a stack overflow. It's near the 'Rebuilding core master data' step. Does anyone know what script that's located in? Maybe I can look at it and make some changes.

I think in step 2b (or 2) of the install script has this kind of recursion is happening leading to a stack overflow. It's near the 'Rebuilding core master data' step. Does anyone know what script that's located in? Maybe I can look at it and make some changes.

NO ... the other guy's issue can be fixed by hard coding his cache directory in zend/cache/file.php that's not the way to go about doing it though .
big no no.
if there is a bug, developers should be notified and they will look for a workaround. but not US :D we could make things worse hahaha. (that's why people hate windoze. but I love it :D)
be back in few let me run this

Ugh; great. I reinstalled it and can't move Zend out of Program Files (x86) because it keeps telling me the folder/something in it is in use when it isn't. I also am getting this error message on localhost/:

The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • The directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777).
  • The directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777).
Please correct these errors and try again.
I checked and all of the Zend and inetpub folders have full control set for IIS_IUSRS. :/

no..
uninstall zendserver then re-install
when re-installing select a different folder to install (click browse and select a folder out of program files)

The problem is a tiny bug. Mike posted that it will be fixed in beta 2. so don't waist your time in windoze :D

If you have access to a NIX box ? ...

The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • The directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777).
  • The directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777).
Please correct these errors and try again.

I checked and all of the Zend and inetpub folders have full control set for IIS_IUSRS. :/

All you have to do is add 'IUSR' to the wwwroot folder and give him modify permissions. Then, you'll probably get to 2b and then ... :D

iusr.webp

Also 'library' has to be writable too so as to post the config.php file. That's the reason I did a full blast on giving the IUSR all access since we're not really sure what folders need to be written to.

All you have to do is add 'IUSR' to the wwwroot folder and give him modify permissions. Then, you'll probably get to 2b and then ... :D

View attachment 3913

Also 'library' has to be writable too so as to post the config.php file. That's the reason I did a full blast on giving the IUSR all access since we're not really sure what folders need to be written to.
*ding ding* Error on step 2b. Were you able to get it figured out yet?

*ding ding* Error on step 2b. Were you able to get it figured out yet?

Not yet. I think the function in question is the 'rebuild' function in \library\XenForo\ChacheRebuilder\ImportMasterData.php

This has got to be file system related with the differences between Windows and the Linux boxes they probably used to develop this on. Rule of thumb, work on an IIS server since scripts developed there will work anywhere :D

From what I can tell we're getting about part way into that function and then something loops and kills PHP. That function reads XML files and (I'm not sure about this) writes them to the database or back to the file system and there's where the hang up happens.

IIS will not accept a null value that one of the scripts is trying to pass.
that's what my log is saying. But as I mentioned let the guys do their work. This exact error happened with a CMS I installed few weeks ago (concrete5 also uses Zend framework).

IIS is a solid server. Always my first choice ... so let's wait and see

IIS will not accept a null value that one of the scripts is trying to pass.
that's what my log is saying. But as I mentioned let the guys do their work. This exact error happened with a CMS I installed few weeks ago (concrete5 also uses Zend framework).

IIS is a solid server. Always my first choice ... so let's wait and see

Agreed. I take IIS over Apache any day. Also, too bad they are not building the ISAPI module anymore for 5.3.x. That was the absolute best. The fast cgi is a resource hog and sometimes don't automatically shut down thereby sucking up your memory :( Oh well.

Agreed. I take IIS over Apache any day. Also, too bad they are not building the ISAPI module anymore for 5.3.x. That was the absolute best. The fast cgi is a resource hog and sometimes don't automatically shut down thereby sucking up your memory :( Oh well.
fpm is taking over and it's just awesome. I have never used ASAPI

Just a note of thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I ran into the same problem (W2K8 R2 / 64 bit / IIS 7.5 / Zend Community Edition with PHP 5.3.3 / MySQL 5.1.51) and while I'd certainly prefer to have the forum up I at least know that my situation isn't unique and that there will be a fix in the next beta.

Top Bottom