Zend server installation

Trombones13

Is anyone here using the free Zend Server Community Edition for their XF server? If so, could you explain how to get from downloading the XF files to accessing your site? The few people I've talked to so far and I have had problems. Thanks!

Hi, what operating system is your web hosting server using?
When you installed Zend Server Community Edition, were you asked to select a web server to install to? If so, what was your response?

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit), and I selected IIS this time (tried Apache before but couldn't get it). With Apache, I could get to the server controls on the browser, but with IIS, I'm getting an "HTTP Error 401.2" and can't access it. I also couldn't figure out with Apache how to actually start the server.

haha Hi again :D

put the content of upload in C:\inetpub\wwwroot

then launch your browser and go to localhost
tell us what you see? (errors if any)

Haha; I figured you'd be able to help. :D

!! Success! Well, at least I got a XenForo message. *fixes permissions on folders, then begins installation*

I feel like I should know this, but where do I get the MySQL data (username, pw, database name)?

OK
select all files and folders inside wwwroot right click ---> property ----> security

click edit
on that window ad IIS_IUSRS click ok
reload the page and start install

Let us know :D

here I found a free thing for ya

Go to navicat.com download the free version, install it (select default options always) then fire it up:

From the connection tab click MySql
fill out the form. connection name : name it anything you want
Leave the host and port as they are

user name : root
password : this is your password

go back to install and fill in the info. I'm sticking with you still :D so don't give up haha:D

I'm able to get to the Configuration Builder page, but the login info won't work, apparently. @_@

I downloaded Navicat Lite, added the MySQL connection, and put in a password, leaving the other info as-is, but I'm getting
"The following error occurred while connecting to the database:
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
This indicates that your configuration information is not correct. Please check the values you have entered. If you are unsure what values are correct or how to proceed, please contact your host for help. These values are specific to your server."
when I try to proceed with configuration. I also added full control for IIS_IUSRS on all of the folders in wwwroot and several others, but I'm still getting the error page. :( I'm sorry I'm horrible at this, lol.

OK
Zend server installs Mysql with no password by default.

So do this:
go to start look for Mysql ----> MySql server instance configuration (something along those lines :D)

reconfigure MySQL with the default options, that is click click click next next until you get to the password bit.
it will ask you your current password for root, just leave it blank and tab over to the new password box. put in your password, tab again verify the password and voila ! :D
back to square one ;)

Let me know

once you make the connection with Navicat. right click on that server icon and ad new database

create a new database, name it something. and that's the database you goanna be using for xF. (fill out that info during install)

Uggggh.

I don't see anything called "MySQL Server Instance Configuration"...just lots of various "MySQL" files in Zend and XAMPP. Is there a specific folder it should be in?

*bangs head against desk*

p.s. Right now, at least, I'm not able to click "New database" in Navicat--it's grayed out. :(

or better yet.. click start and on that search box type mysql and wait for the search.... you will see it if you have mysql installed.
if not :confused: hahaha post back and will go from there :D

Well then, apparently I don't have it. Is there somewhere to download other than the official site, where it requires fields such as my company (which I obviously don't have, lol)?

Top Bottom