Resource icon

Zend Redis Cache 1.6.0

No permission to download
I noticed that if I have this addon enabled, then "Store CSS As Files" option doesn't work in the DragonByte Optimise addon. Would it be possible to make them compatible?

Xon updated Zend Redis Cache with a new update entry:

1.6.0 - Feature/Maintenance update

• Support zstd compression
  • New retry_reads_on_master option, when a read to the slave-redis instance fails (ie due to the redis instance still loading data), reads will fail-back to the master instance.
  • Confirm php 7.3 compatibility for pure-php redis connector
  • Compat bugfix for phpredis-v3 for exists() function. phpredis-v3 returns a bool, credis/phpredis-v4 return an int, this ensures all backend redis connectors return...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello @Xon

Thank you for your update, sometimes i was getting the read error on redis. Now i hope it has been fixed.

However, i have a question about that master/slave because i'm confused. I' m A regular user the redis application also your redis configuration. How can i set the master / slave options nor should i do it ? (Note: i have one dedicated server so i don't use mysql or nginx with pools, so what about the master/slave configurations need?)

PHP:
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Redis';
// all keys and thier defaults
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
        'server' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
        'timeout' => 30,
        'persistent' => '',
        'force_standalone' => false,
        'connect_retries' => 2,
        'read_timeout' => '1',
        'password' => '',
        'database' => 0,
        'notMatchingTags' => false,
        'enable_tags' => true,
        'compress_tags' => 1,
        'compress_data' => 2,
        'lifetimelimit' => 2592000,
        'compress_threshold' => 20480,
        'automatic_cleaning_factor' => 0,
        'compression_lib' => '', // dynamically select first of; snappy,lzf,l4z,gzip
        'use_lua' => true,
        'sunion_chunk_size' => 500,
        'lua_max_c_stack' => 5000,
        );

Thank you for your update, sometimes i was getting the read error on redis. Now i hope it has been fixed.
That is kinda unlikely, this update just helps if you have multiple redis instances and have configured it to load from a slave for reads first.

However, i have a question about that master/slave because i'm confused. I' m A regular user the redis application also your redis configuration. How can i set the master / slave options nor should i do it ? (Note: i have one dedicated server so i don't use mysql or nginx with pools, so what about the master/slave configurations need?)
If you have a single server, a redis master/slave configuration isn't need. Just disable IO (ie 'save' and "appendonly no"), and use redis purely as an in-memory store with no durability.

XenForo doesn't need the durability options

That is kinda unlikely, this update just helps if you have multiple redis instances and have configured it to load from a slave for reads first.

If you have a single server, a redis master/slave configuration isn't need. Just disable IO (ie 'save' and "appendonly no"), and use redis purely as an in-memory store with no durability.

XenForo doesn't need the durability options
So,
#save 900 1
#save 300 10
#save 60 10000

settings will be commented like this lines also appendonly option will be "no".
Aren't they?

And do you have any advice for change about my settings in above post? For example, "compression_lib" variable etc.
Note: For About 2.5million member, 9million post board with high-end dedicated server.

So,
#save 900 1
#save 300 10
#save 60 10000

settings will be commented like this lines also appendonly option will be "no".
Aren't they?
That should do it.

And do you have any advice for change about my settings in above post? For example, "compression_lib" variable etc.
Note: For About 2.5million member, 9million post board with high-end dedicated server.
Not really, it requires evaluation depending on your needs.

This add-on requires redis to be setup, and offers effectively the same performance benefits as memcache. The major difference is I have add-ons which built off Redi's advanced functionality which memcache can't (easily, or at all) achieve.

This is a little unclear (likely due to my lack of knowledge!) :)

For those of us using many of your add-ons, would we see a performance increase or any other benefit from switching to memcache to Redis?

There isn't really any significant performance benefit from switching from memcache to Redis, beyond sane defaults in Redis and easier configuration

Both XF1 & XF2 use the same redis library

XF1:
Code:
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
        'server' => 'unix:///tmp/redis.sock',
// ....
);

XF2:
Code:
$config['cache']['config'] = array(
        'server' => 'unix:///tmp/redis.sock',
// ....
);

(just tested this in my dev environment)
Doesn't work for me on XF 1.5.

Can you start a conversation with me and include more of your config.php? I will need to see the entire
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] block.

But this indicates php can't open the file, there isn't much beyond I can recommend. Try doing;
Code:
sudo -u <php user> bash
ls -lah /tmp/redis.sock
(Replace <php user> with the username of the user php runs under)
And see what the php user sees.
# sudo -u nginx bash
[02:37][nginx@host]$ ls -lah /tmp/redis.sock
srwxrwxrwx 1 redis redis 0 Jan 31 02:35 /tmp/redis.sock

Does this plugin support AWS Redis cluster feature yet? Since, I'm getting following error when trying to connect AWS instance that has multiple nodes, however it works OK with single node AWS Redis instance.

An exception occurred: MOVED 8402 X.X.X.X:6379 in library/Redis/lib/Credis/Client.php on line 1062

So seems that it's cluster issue. If this plugin doesn't support it, any other plugin recommendation? Otherwise we have to use AWS Redis with single node only!

This add-on doesn't work with redis clustering (the HA option is based on redis sentinel), and the stock XF2 XenForo adapter doesn't support Redis Cluster either. Most of my other redis-based add-on's do not support redis clustering.

I have no plans to add this to the XF1 version, but may consider adding this feature to the XF2 version of this add-on

Does this plugin, (and XenForo 1.5) support Redis 5?

All the comments I've seen so far have mentions of Redis 4 and below, but no mention of v5, AFAICT.

Top Bottom