YumForum - The yummiest Xenforo around!

Kim

Hi all,

Thought I might introduce you to my new baby... http://yumforum.com

Yumforum is a place for lovers of food, a place to share recipes, food talk, ideas, get inspiration, or just drool over the yummies!

We are using Bobster's brilliant Showcase mod to handle our recipes (and it's doing a great job!) When I can afford it I will see if darling Bob will do some customisations for me!

The site is not 100% done yet, I still have a big list of things to do, but I have been told to just get over it and open the doors already LOL so here we are doing just that! :)

The theme is probably the simplest theme I have ever done in my life, deliberately so, I just wanted it warm and inviting, but fresh too, and to keep it super simple and easy to maintain, so no template changes!

I hope you like yumforum.com :)

You can also get to it via yumforums.com yumforum.com.au yumforums.com.au and yumforums.net

Blimey!! nice work Kim. Excellent job. (y)

Not so keen on the placement of what's new (nice concept) just not liking where it is.

Verdict: Yumilicious. :)

Yeah I wasn't a million % happy with the placement either... but love the concept, any ideas?

Great style Kim, looks awesome :).

We've been cooking at home much more so this might be a new hang out for me.

As for the style... my only thing I would suggest is the main nav bar have a little more height to make it stand out just a bit more. Love it all though Kim (y)

Great style Kim, looks awesome :).

We've been cooking at home much more so this might be a new hang out for me.

As for the style... my only thing I would suggest is the main nav bar have a little more height to make it stand out just a bit more. Love it all though Kim (y)

Thanks for the feedback Russ, and we'd love to have you there :D

Joined and now I'm hungry (n)

Funny, I was just about to say too how I love the what's new in the member box..

Hopefully you can get some ideas for some yummies to cook :p Most of my food is pretty quick and easy as I don't tend to want to fuff about too much in the kitchen at night :)

Cool re What's new... so one for, one against the position so far LOL

Hey Shelley, what ever happened to your moods? Are they available somewhere?

I think I might have to do a set myself, but I'm not that keen to do so tbh :p

Hey Shelley, what ever happened to your moods? Are they available somewhere?

I think I might have to do a set myself, but I'm not that keen to do so tbh :p

Yeah, get your ass registered on my site and grab them :DThere not on this site unfortunately Kim if you want an account at my site you can grab them from there where the sql file is also so your not uploading manually.

Yeah, get your ass registered on my site and grab them :DThere not on this site unfortunately Kim if you want an account at my site you can grab them from there where the sql file is also so your not uploading manually.

Brilliant thanks Shelley! :D

Would really like to see what moods you come up with they would be far far better than the moods I've done. Still thinking on a placement for the what's new difficult to locate a spot.

Boll-ux, confit bollux on a bed of hand picked wild Patagonian Sea grass with a baby bollox reduction jus and sustainably harvested bollux flour tuille!!!

I am no good at the little stuff, you are the High Mistress of the pixel work Shelley :D

Boll-ux, confit bollux on a bed of hand picked wild Patagonian Sea grass with a baby bollox reduction jus and sustainably harvested bollux flour tuille!!!

I am no good at the little stuff, you are the High Mistress of the pixel work Shelley :D

bol-llllllll-lox? no thanks I've eaten. :P Hopefully soon one of your cakes :D

Thought I might introduce you to my new baby... http://yumforum.com
Looks good! And there was bacon so you know I registered. :D
We are using Bobster's brilliant Showcase mod to handle our recipes (and it's doing a great job!) When I can afford it I will see if darling Bob will do some customisations for me!
For the sites purpose I think it works nicely having the gallery of showcase items as the home page. Safe to assume that it is sorted to show the newest stuff first?
The theme is probably the simplest theme I have ever done in my life, deliberately so, I just wanted it warm and inviting, but fresh too, and to keep it super simple and easy to maintain, so no template changes!
I really like the theme and love that wood grain background in the navbar.

You can also get to it via yumforums.com yumforum.com.au yumforums.com.au and yumforums.net
No Yum-Forum.com? :P

Looks good! And there was bacon so you know I registered. :D
For the sites purpose I think it works nicely having the gallery of showcase items as the home page. Safe to assume that it is sorted to show the newest stuff first?
I really like the theme and love that wood grain background in the navbar.

No Yum-Forum.com? :p

Mmmm bacon!

Thanks Kevin, yes the Recipe Book shows latest on top :)

Glad you like the theme! I quite like it too, part of why I did it so simply was the conversations we had during your Custom theme :D I took a lot of that on board, and hope it works! :)

LOL :p I had to stop myself after a while, enough is enough!

Top Bottom