A safe yum.conf would not break Xenforo 2.2

One note about cPanel for anyone choosing it.

You can no longer use the easy WHM ability to switch between MySQL and MariaDB, not since they mainlined MySQL 8.

If someone wants to go with MariaDB, a config file needs to be manually created and edited before the install WHM. WHM will then install with MariaDB. If you don't do this, switching requires manually switching them, and changing WHM's configuration by hand.
Sounds fun https://support.cpanel.net/hc/en-us...sed-when-installing-cPanel-for-the-first-time :)

I am going to dump cPanel and will not use any kind of control panels and run my server manually by terminal command line.
Then if you're still learning, definitely take my advice and have a 2nd test staging VPS server where you practice on before applying to production live server. Pick a VPS host which has frequent and on-demand backups so you can backup and restore your staging VPS whenever you mess up learning the ropes :)

Reactions: xml
Words have meaning. That's why Google, when they finally took off the "beta" label, acknowledged it wasn't a good thing to have left it there so long.

For me, I would not feel comfortable installing it on a client's system because telling them "beta is just a word" isn't an option for me.
That's fair, but you're missing out! :D

Top Bottom