Implemented You have reported this post / thread

Sador

Something that I don't get with most forum etc. software, is that when you report something, you get absolutely no feedback. You don't get a message 'thanks for reporting this post', and there is no special sign that you've reported a post or thread before. This can be annoying, because it's quite easy to forget what did and didn't report yet when you come across something that isn't allowed. (which in turn costs the moderators more time and energy).

Could something like this be added? Thanks!

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think the resources involved in checking if you have reported that particular post yet or not for each and every post you view would be too high for such a small feature.

I don't want to see this added.

I think the resources involved in checking if you have reported that particular post yet or not for each and every post you view would be too high for such a small feature.

I don't want to see this added.
The information has to be stored either way, the only thing you'd add would be a visual clue. If that's your opinion, the 'these people have liked you', 'you have been quoted' alert, etc. should disappear as well because they seem to take way more resources. :p

The information has to be stored either way, the only thing you'd add would be a visual clue. If that's your opinion, the 'these people have liked you', 'you have been quoted' alert, etc. should disappear as well because they seem to take way more resources. :p

Checking likes for a post is one query to select all likes from the likes table that match post ID# blah...
The you have been quoted alert is simply one extra INSERT when the post is created.

Neither are resource intensive.

Your idea would involve doing a query for each post checking if there is any reports in the reports table where the post matches the current one and the UID matches yours. For such a minor feature this is really pointless.

If it is something that you really want it could be created as a modification easily but I don't see this to be any real significance or value to warrant adding 1 - 20 extra queries to each thread display or restructuring the data layout.

Checking likes for a post is one query to select all likes from the likes table that match post ID# blah...
The you have been quoted alert is simply one extra INSERT when the post is created.

Neither are resource intensive.

Your idea would involve doing a query for each post checking if there is any reports in the reports table where the post matches the current one and the UID matches yours. For such a minor feature this is really pointless.

If it is something that you really want it could be created as a modification easily but I don't see this to be any real significance or value to warrant adding 1 - 20 extra queries to each thread display or restructuring the data layout.
And that would be the completely wrong way to do it. Instead, they would use a join.

Nope, it would (atm) be a simple join in the existing query that fetches the post.

If it was actually added as a feature, then the report id would probably be stored in the post table itself, so nothing extra needed at all. :)

Top Bottom