Implemented Pokes (have you seen this thread/this post?)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
No thanks.

I would hate to be pestered by board members about certain threads.

First stalkers (followers) and now pesterers (pokers).

Ummm, no. I could see this as a major annoyance. Especially by those who don't want to "report" something, but yet will "poke" the staff to death.

Some quick way to "poke" someone to give them a "heads up" about a thread/post.

Totally supported.

No thanks.

I would hate to be pestered by board members about certain threads.

First stalkers (followers) and now pesterers (pokers).

Yes, that's why there are usergroup permissions... :)

I completely missed this suggestion, but on my vBulletin powered platform I am forever in need of such functionality for me and my entire staff:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/task-manager.10479/

Solution

How about a way to be able to poke the administrator or any other staff member from within the post to let them now their attention is needed? Just like you already can Report a Post. Just press a link and a popup... pops up... where you can select a person from your Staff that you are addressing in that specific post. Then this staff member will receive an automatic PM or maybe even better (trying to avoid another discussion outlet through PM): an alert... alerting her/him of this post that needs her/his immediate attention.

Next to `Moderation queue:0´ ´Reported Items:6` XF could display `Attention needed:3' or something like that.

This way we don't have go through all the hassle to manually PM a Moderator or put (repeat...) something inside the `To-do Webmaster´ forum in yet another new thread to get somebodies (much needed) attention. We can leave everything, the whole workprocess concentrated, in one single thread/user discussion thread.

(I am not sure about the implementation above, but I definitely need some kind of solution)

Top Bottom