Attachment mirroring thread and post attachments to an album

Forsaken

Current attachment mirroring only allows for mirroring all attachments in a node to a media gallery category, which works if it is mostly just a few sporadic attachments. For attachments that are uploaded to posts such as ones where you would post yourself, post your pet, post your car, post what you ate or any other topic-specific thread it would make more sense to have attachments be automatically added to an album so everything is contained and organized together, rather than a sporadic mess.

For my particular usage, we tend to have a lot of art or media contests where we can get 50 entries, and sometimes up to 200 entries. Currently we just make an album and ask people to upload there, but we always have people who will upload to the thread as well, and this would look to solve the issue to some extent.

Upvote 8
And how do you manage all the images you post but don't want to appear in your personal album? Then delete them from the album?

And how do you manage all the images you post but don't want to appear in your personal album? Then delete them from the album?
I've already had this made as an add-on by @Ozzy47 and @Painbaker.

1636422167116.webp

It creates an album and attachments are uploaded; if you delete the attachments from the thread it also deletes from the album (probably vice versa? have not checked, and not too concerned with that).

Waiting to have support added to @Bob addon and then it'll be completed.

@Painbaker has completed the addon now, and it honestly improves my usage of the Media Gallery significantly. A lot of my users are planning on utilizing it for their own art contests, and I am also using it to mirror AMS attachments for my news articles. I am also going to do the same for Showcase, as it will support mirroring the linked discussion thread allowing my users to add to the linked album.

I hope it gets added to the core, or Painbaker considers releasing it publicly as any attachment/media rich community can make use of it.

Still want this added to core, but @Ozzy47 and @Painbaker have released the add-on I commissioned.

Top Bottom