1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My users, have reported a style issue, check it out...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by linkandzelda, Sep 4, 2011.

1. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

Hi,
    I've been setting up the forums recently, and i sent the link to 2 people, a direct link to the root forums. Both of them reported seeing the top bar like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2873587/xenbug.bmp

The first user updated Firefox to 6.0.1 and it went away, the second user just visited another link and then it went away. Is there any chance that this can be fixed? As it makes the site look bad, I don't get the error and not sure where to go from here.

Thanks in advance,
    Kris

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I would log in as a test user with a short user name, and then a test user with a long user name.

Is it possible that the people with the problem might have longer usernames.

3. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

The first name was "Ray Maverick" as in the image, and the second was "Innovator". My name is "Linkandzelda" and it has no issues. Username "test user" has no issues.

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

5. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

The style is not custom at all, its just a basic standard Xenforo style with some added navlinks. I could try and remove some to see what happens, but as the problem pretty much goes away soon i can't replicate it... Just that, for first time users it looks bad if they see it. I'll see what i can do. Thanks.

6. IuClik

IuClik Member

it`s problem with addon Affiliates, delete the <xen:include template="affiliates" /> from template sidebar_online_user

For Affiliates try this http://xenforo.com/community/posts/241314/ , no need to install, only edit sidebar_online_user

7. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

I don't have an affiliates add-on, so that template does not exist for me. The "affiliates" one i mean.

8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

have you a live demo where "we":D could check this?
    only xf page with your name where xenfans and ******?;)

9. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Phu, very hard question:D

Had to use google (is "generation I" the right answer to the spam protection?")

2. I'm unable to register.
    I'm getting => A server error occurred. Please try again later.

11. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

Hehe, is that so? Hmm, i got an email that you registered though. just-a-testamon?

I hate server errors, as they are hard to find the cause lol...

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

no:D username => averylongtestusername

because of server errors => check your error log

13. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

Oh, this error is a funny one, Ragtek :D

Code:
    Undefined index: user    library/Ragtek/Invite/ControllerPublic/Register.php:9    11 minutes ago    Details
    Delete
    Undefined index: user    library/Ragtek/Invite/ControllerPublic/Register.php:9    12 minutes ago    Details
    Delete
    Undefined index: user    library/Ragtek/Invite/ControllerPublic/Register.php:9    13 minutes ago

14. ragtek

ragtek Guest

loooooooooooooool

i hope you don't want really any help anymore from me, or?
    1. bad sign=> your name on paid add-on share pages
    2. you're no customer of me but you have one of my paid add-ons installed

Dan likes this.
  15. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

Oh! A paid add-on... I got it from another website :/
    How much is the mod? I'm happy to buy it.

And, my name on share pages? Not sure i understand.

16. linkandzelda

linkandzelda Member

There we go, problem 2. should be sorted now ;)

EDIT: The answer was simply gen 1, gen one or generation 1 if you like. And, i just signed up myself but got no errors. Also, please tell me more about what problem 1. is? Thanks