(You have insufficient privileges to post here)

mrchasez

I am "Admin" on my forum, i can access the admin panel from my account, however i go to my
Rules thread, which dont allow members to post there.
I go to make a thread, and it says "(You have insufficient privileges to post here."
Why!!

This option is disabled:
Allow new messages to be posted in this forum

However, Im the Admin.
I am in a group called, "Owner" i have all permissions, and my secondary group is "Admin"
However i go to post in that thread, where i should be able to, but members not.
It says : You have insufficient privileges to post here

My permissions are set up correctly aswell.
Please help!

Allow new messages to be posted in this forum
If disabled, users will not be able to post new messages or edit or delete their own messages. Moderators will still be able to manage the contents of this forum.

If you have disabled new messages even you as an Admin won't be able to start topics/post on threads (as far as I know). For that you would need to go to the particular forum permissions in the admin cp (click 'permissions' in front of the node name in the node tree), you can then see all the user groups and once you click a group you can allow or disallow "post new thread", "post replies", you can set that to revoke for your member groups and allow for your admin group that should get the final output you are looking for.

Hope I was clear :P

Wait!
That means they cant post anywhere.
How do i make a thread, Where only i can make topics??
But members can make topics in other threads

There are no thread-level permissions. But if you lock a thread then that should have the desired effect. Moderators can still reply to locked threads.

Wait!
That means they cant post anywhere.
How do i make a thread, Where only i can make topics??
But members can make topics in other threads
Do you mean like an 'announcement' forum where only you can make topics, but users can reply to those topics?

If so, you will need to go into the forum permissions for the announcement forum, uncheck "post new thread" for all groups except the admin group, if it is done ONLY for that particular forum it wont effect the global permissions and will get the result you want.

Top Bottom